[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Talon Build thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Talon Build thread 

Post Re: Talon Build thread

10.67@126mph

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Fuhhhhhhh this makes me want to go auto!

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Haha, yeah the auto works well! But I still miss shifting from time to time, until I get my timeslip, then I remember why I don't miss it that much lol.

Had a friendly little run with a supercharged SRT-8 Jeep last weekend. The Jeep ran really well, I was impressed, I still got him though.

10.67@126mph

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

I need to start making bets on your runs, and you need a gopro!
Do you plan on caging it soon? Im pretty sure the officials know who you are by now. I would like to see you make a run against some of these hot shot v8 that go without getting kicked out.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:57 am

DAMN :shock: that jeep never had a chance even if you gave him 5 cars lmao i still like the jeep quick for an suv.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah that Jeep was pretty quick actually! He runs a mid 7 in the 1/8th mile on pump gas I'm told. I think he was caught a little off guard, not only when I was right there on the launch, but especially when I started pulling ahead. He was a chill dude.

10.67@126mph

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile YIM

When is your next visit to Irwindale?? I was talking with edgar about going since I never been there :doh

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm

I might take it to Irwindale this Thursday if it doesn't rain.

10.67@126mph

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Looks like the turbo is working out pretty well for you. Im glad you were able to put it to good use.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:10 am

Back from the dead! :Zombie Thread:

How you all doing? I haven't been updating anything about my DSM for a while now. I'll give you the short version. Back in April I absolutely mother-fucked the stock 6 bolt I had been beating the shit out of for the better part of a year. I ended up trying to make a pass out at Fontana spraying nitrous the whole pass, which ended in a big KaBoom and giant hole in the block!

Pictures say a thousand words:

Picked all this shit out of the Pan:

Motor coming out, again lol:

In car video of the destruction. The car was hauling some serious ass though, but blew up just before the 1/8th. Ended up running a 6.54 in the 1/8th on this pass.

Another video of it not blowing up lol. Ran a 10.67@126mph, borg warner s366 at about 27-28psi

10.67@126mph

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:24 pm
Profile YIM

What are those? Supras? Super supras. High class white trash. Lol. When will your car be hitting the strip again?

2003 Yamaha R6

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh it'll be a little while still.

Basically just need to put a cage in the car, harnesses and a seat.

Engine and trans need to go back in the thing too eventually lol.

Engine has been done for a little while, I've just been too busy with other stuff to play with my favorite toy lately. But I'll get it done eventually, here's some pics, most of them have been of fb here and there.

Getting down on the old hand cranked ring filer :)

Pistons getting ready to go in.

Debured all the edges and polished the tops of the pistons:

Pistons in their respective holes.

10.67@126mph

Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:16 pm
Profile YIM

Fresh rebuilt head, new manley springs, re-used stainless valves, new guides, new seals, fresh valvejob, mirror surface.

MLS Gasket with L19 head studs.

Picked up some adjustable cam sprockets.

Stuck the turbo and intake manifold back on the thing.

Saturn alternator relocated to the back and FFOFH

Engine pretty much complete and ready to drop in.

Modded a stock oil pan for a little more capacity. Also baffled the sump and moved the oil pickup more toward the rear of the pan.

Some new e85 squirters for MOAR CORN!

Got rid of the little ass punishment racing intercooler and replaced it with the chingón intercooler.

Also got a new torque converter :)

I'm sure there is more stuff lol, but that's it for now :drinkers:

10.67@126mph

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:07 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Holy cow... Now that is an update! Good shit man

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:52 pm
frank the tank

Looking good diablo !