[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need help
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Need help 
N00b

Post Need help
Hey I'm really new to dsms... does anyone think they can come down and help me out with my car ... it will start up but then just die out i was readong that it might be the cam sensor.. also when it starts and i keeo it alive by keeping the rpms up it will start blowing blueish smoke maybe give me some tips ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvHFdtO4 ... ata_player

Last edited by danks230 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Need help
does it smell like raw fuel coming out the tail pipe? could be a big boost leak or the MAS could be bad

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:22 pm
N00b

Driver side smells like gasoline and i just swapped in a new 1g maf it had a 2g when i bought it

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:47 pm
N00b

Here is the video you will see when i first start the car the rpms shoot up the first start isn't me and the secong time i gave it gas to keep it alive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvHFdtO4 ... ata_player

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 pm
N00b

???

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Post Master

What does the car have done to it? Have you tried just adjusting the idle to make it idle higher? Also, it would be helpful if you put a location in your profile.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 pm
N00b

Well it had a 2g maf and that's it other than straight pipes.. i put the 1g maf on it and yes i adjusted it a little bit not too much

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:21 am

It's tough to answer this without being there. I would have said to check the maf too but it looks like you already replaced it. Does the car have engine management? Is it running stock injectors? (They shouldn't have had a 2g maf on there without fuel control or offset injectors). Blue smoke means burning oil, but a leaking turbo or valve seals shouldn't cause the car to stall out like that. Do a boost leak check...if you have a *really* bad boost leak it could be causing the problem. The engine light isn't coming on, right? Do you have a data logger? Check all electrical connections to make sure nothing has come loose (maf, o2 sensor, injector harness, anything else that goes to ECU).

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

They were stock injectors... and the check engine is on i believe... i do not have a data logger also i live in bell gardens

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:38 am
N00b

If anyone can help me get it running it will be greatly appreciated

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Post Master

Have you tried unplugging the MAF to see if it will run any different?

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 pm
N00b

Havnt tried that but it does the same exact thing it did when it had the 2g maf.... maybe timing belt??? I bought the car and didn't notice it didn't have a timing belt cover

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:00 pm
Talon of Doom

get a code scanner, figure out what the CEL is for. Cheaper than just buying parts and guessing.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

Thank you all for your input appreciate it ill look for a scanner... any in particular?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]