[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - need opinions about my options
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
need opinions about my options 
DSM Regular

Post need opinions about my options
I have a 1st gen talon tsi awd when I bought the car I wad dumb because I didn't know much and threw in the 2g maf one day and didn't know I was supposed to upgrade to 550's, safc, and fuel pump. And I've been running lean for a while and deciding on if im going to buy that stuff or go back and buy new air filter and recirc tube and go back to 1g maf

Im trying to figure out if I can just get an safc and adjust the fuel and max out the 450'S/ or if I get 550's and safc do I have to upgrade the fuel pump?

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Post Re: need opinions about my options
Yes you have to upgrade the pump when you install the bigger injectors. Find a stock evo fuel pump or a walbro 190 .

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:24 pm
Squish Face

Put it back to stock if you don't want to buy injectors. AFC's are garbage, if you're willing to spend money on that then buy dsmlink and injectors along with a pump.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Alright thanks guys

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 pm
DSM Regular

I didn't want to start a new thread so im trying to figure out what the casting number means on the thermostat housing on my head it says 6gs then under that it has a 7.

Supposedly its an evo 3 head according to the kid i bought my car off of and just trying to get an answer because i cant find anything online about this.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

even if is was an EvoIII head it wouldent matter, they are the same.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 am
DSM Regular

but does anyone know if its a 6 or 7 bolt because I've looked online and can't seem to come up with the right keywords to find the info I'm looking fo. I know you can tell by casting on the left side next to the cams but there's nothing online about the numbers on the thermostat side

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 am

They are 7bolts and the head is the same and if its a REAL EVO3 longblock , the only difference would be a slught bump
Of compression, a short runner intake manifold bigger throttle body ,injectors,turbo.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/early-late-engine.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie- ... -bolt.html

also there is no such thing as a 6 bolt head, its a 1G head or a 2g head. The only variation is on a 1G head there are two versions.

the early 1g's 90-92.5 had 6 bolt motors and the heads had larger through holes for the head bolts because the used 12mm head bolts. on the 92.5-99 they used 11mm head bolts so the through holes in the head are slightly smaller.

another way to tell where the motor came from would be with the vin decoder
http://vfaq.com/mods/VINs.html

and if you cant decode it its likely a Evo III engine

Last edited by Black_gst on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 am
DSM Regular

ha I decoded my car and it as in the special price class
also here's what im trying to figure out and I just keep sounding retarded and making myself look like I dont know what i'm talking about.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

i think its just a batch number, it doesnt mean anything

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 am
Squish Face

That number doesn't mean anything, also you have an 89-90' 1g cam sensor. What's your question again?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

just trying to figure out what the cast number meant, cuz the kid that put it together was an idiot and Frankensteined the motor. I know its a first gen head but is it a turbo or non turbo head? because if it was a non turbo head then it wouldnt have an oil feed line for the turbo coming from the head, right? because there is one there

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:24 am
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

well my cars leaking oil somewhere inside the timing cover so next week i have to buy uv dye pour it in the oil after i get the timing belt cover off and let the car run and watch with a blacklight to see where its leaking and decide whether or not i need to pull the motor to fix it

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next