[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - need opinions about my options
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
need opinions about my options 

Post Re: need opinions about my options
If its inside the timing cover , theres a good chance that the cam seals are shot. And if theyre not , check the front main seal.And that the valve cover gasket is in good shape.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:46 pm
DSM Regular

I will check those next week as long as the weather stays clear and not too cold here in ohio. Also valve cover gasket was replaced last month so that's fine

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:40 am
DSM Regular

I'm trying to figure out where its possible oil could be leaking from, it looks like it leaking from down the side of my water pump and running down the block and also dripping down off the bolt that holds the alternator bracket to the block Image

Also I wanted to know whether or not I should use this "stop leak" that came with the uv dye I bought, the bottle is 50/50

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:40 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:52 pm
DSM Regular

So I think I might have found where my leak could have possibly been

maybe headgasket?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 am
Goderator

Have you tried cleaning all that crap off and letting the leak tell you itself where it's coming from?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 am
DSM Regular

I had cleaned all of that off with a brake cleaner the other day

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

So that pic is after you cleaned it, or before?

2003 Yamaha R6

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:32 pm
DSM Regular

After I sprayed it and drove around for a week

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 pm
No More 2.3L

Well, it isn't impossible but head gaskets don't usually leak oil. The valve cover is much more common. It especially isn't common on the timing belt side since the high pressure oil to the head goes up the transmission side, the other oil passages are just drain holes back down to the pan.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:24 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

cam seals? Just clean it all off, and just let it sit there running as you poke around looking for the leak. hell just replace all the seals while you got that side taken apart.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

So today I attempted to check my throttle position sensor and this is what i got and still aren't sure if I did it correctly

Set my Multimeter to 20k ohms and connected the negative to pin4 for and positive to pin 1 and got 4.95ohms

changed the positive to pin 2 and got 0.68ohms closed and 5.08ohms with the throttle all the way open

use this for reference: http://www.plymouthlaser.com/tps.htm

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 pm
DSM Regular

so Ive found my oil leak and its seeping out of the head gasket above where the water pump bolts to the block and run down the from of the block and down onto my oil filter housing and down my frame. My guess is that when the kid had the block machined(supposedly) he just threw the head on and didn't have it machined and shaved.

So is there anything I can do to get the leak to stop or do I need to just replace the head gasket and check the condition of the rest of my motor while the heads off?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:24 pm
Squish Face

It's probably the exhaust manifold stud that's closest to the PS pump, mine leaked oil from there and made its way over the water pump and down the timing cover to the OFH.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

its dry underneath that corner stud, its coming from the corner. and I can't check the head gasket behind the front motor mount because id have to take off the water pump pipe to get it off

How did you get your leak to stop?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next