[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 1g Shifter problem
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
1g Shifter problem 
DSM Regular

Post 1g Shifter problem
I've spent the last hour looking up the problem, and unfortunately, all the answers refer to the wrong part of the shifter.

I was looking at my car earlier and I realized the shifter is missing a bushing of some sort on the RH side of the shift arm pivot point. Problem is I can't seem to find anything yet that says what to do there.

Vfaq points to the base plate.
Tuners keeps directing me to an ExtremePSI part that is no longer sold.
The Synchbroski doesn't specify if it solves the problem either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLu41LcHYhM

So.. Any help?

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:48 pm
frank the tank

Post Re: 1g Shifter problem

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:26 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Here it is. Put in 3rd gear, shifter moved far left.

And here's Far Right.

This one goes left and right. The pivot other people replace is the one that goes front to back... which would be to the right and down from where I'm needing here.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Your talking about a nylon bushing that keeps the shifter centered,. U can get it at the dealer cheap , or junkyard. There's suppose to be two nylon bushings, one in the front and the other in the back end of the shifter.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Heres the part # MB580253

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm
DSM Regular

Beans.. Wonder if some one has made a metal replacement yet. Can't be that hard to mill out some bushings.

Some one poke Adam. He's got some access. :D

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:13 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

I was thinking about the and wondering if a brass one would work, or maybe delrin. i would really need to see how it fits, it must be a bit different then a 2g

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:53 am

1G's have two different size bushings for the shifter if I remember right. I'm not sure which one goes where. I remember using the cheaper ones and making them work where the more expensive bushings go. I've also read about people using copper piping from home depot that is the correct ID, trimming it down and lubing it with grease. I'm sure the copper would wear down over time as well, but should feel more stiff than the nylon oem bushings.

Here's the part #'s I have and prices from JNZ
MB580253 - $7.89
MB829013 - $1.76

Edit: They are actually about 4-5 cents cheaper at SouthWest: http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am
Profile YIM

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Yeah thats cuz i brought it up becasue josh msged me about it,

hey dustin do you have a failry good condition bushings set and shifter base i could get from you to see if its something i can make

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 am

I believe I do. Everything minus the base. I cut that son of a bitch up so I could mount the auto's ratchet shifter to it. Well actually, my 1990 car still has the shifter and base in it.

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 am
Profile YIM
Goderator

Cut your fingernails, tweaker.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 am

Crazy you guys bring this up. This issue has just started plaguing me. I noticed I was having huge amounts of slop in shifting, so I replaced the bushings with ones I pulled out of a 1g, but they broke apart into brittle pieces in about 2 weeks. I stole another set from another 1g and they lasted about 1 month. I'm about to order new ones from Mitsu, but some other material would be preferable if it were available.

Adam I have a whole spare shifter including stick and base, but no bushings. Let me know if you need to borrow it.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:27 am

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next