[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - any one have an engine stand and a few tools i could borrow
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
any one have an engine stand and a few tools i could borrow 
N00b

Post any one have an engine stand and a few tools i could borrow
well a few days ago after i arrived here in Oxnard my engine decides to drop a valve in cyl 1 and destroyed the piston and now i have to pull the engine out and clean it out of all the metal .

i need to use an engine stand to properly clean and re-hone all cylinders cause wile im at it ill put another set of rings and main and rod bearings ,front cover oil pump then ill send the head in to the machine shop for valves and springs

there is some scoring in the cylinders that i dont like and i can see it becoming a problem for compression being that my brother drove it and ran it out of oil 2 times leaking oil line i found

i just rebuilt this engine 4,000 miles ago and had 4 turbos puke on this car and found the oil pump was weak replaced that before i left mn and now i have to do it again . i need to get all the bad out and away with it i really dont want to end up doing this again .. :bang:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 am
No More 2.3L

Post Re: any one have an engine stand and a few tools i could borrow
If no one has one you can borrow check out Harbor Freight Tools, . Their simplest one will set you back about $45.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Another option is Craigslist

98 Grand Prix GTP (L32 swapped, 286whp/368wtq) 13.8 @ 102mph -SOLD
91 Galant VR4 #852/2000. SOLD
97 Outback Legacy 5-speed... SOLD
99 Mustang GT So sue me haha

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm
N00b

the problem is i cant own the tools i cant take them to Germany with me in a few months or less

i already have bought these tools there stuck in MN

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]