[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New Plans for my 1g
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
New Plans for my 1g 

Post Re: New Plans for my 1g
Nice work!

Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

FedEx man dropped off a present for me today..

10.67@126mph

Wed May 04, 2011 4:12 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Very nice, I'm scared of that stuff.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah.. Well me too! :rolleyes:

10.67@126mph

Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 pm
Profile YIM

I get nervous as shit when installing & removing the bottle

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm
DSM Regular

Scare........? Of what exactly?

Wed May 04, 2011 10:30 pm

10.67@126mph

Thu May 05, 2011 8:55 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Nitrous backfires....

Plus personally I break enough stuff without it,

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu May 05, 2011 9:20 am
Profile YIM

Doesn't link have a failsafe? That when shit hits the fan it changes to a different map so your engne doesn't go bye bye. I remember somebody said something about this.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 am
Goderator

Using nitrous relies extremely heavily that your fuel never drops while using nitrous. A drop in fuel pressure will result in extremely lean conditions and might detonate your block to bits. Its also possible for nitrous to puddle up in the intake manifold from improper placement and backfire, blowing the welds off your intake.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 am

10.67@126mph

Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am
Profile YIM

So she's all back together. I fired it up last night, let her warm up and all seems well, except I found a small fuel leak at the fitting feeding my inline bosch pump.. should be an easy fix. Going to retorque the head today after work and start beating on it. I put the HX35 back on as I want to make a new O2 housing for the HX40, also want to upgrade my exhaust from a 2.5" to 3" and install the nitrous kit.

10.67@126mph

Thu May 05, 2011 10:56 am
Profile YIM

Laughing gas is in and damn.. it works well. :D Spraying a 50 shot and it's really fat so I need to throw in a smaller fuel jet. When I spray it as is, the wideband pegs full rich at 10:1, even pig rich it builds boost on the torque converter almost instantly. It works well in 2nd and 3rd gear too at 30psi of boost. I have a feeling I'm going to like this nitrous stuff :wink:

The feed line that came with the kit was a little too long so I had to loop it, but no big deal.

Blow down hose routed out of the car through a -8an bulkhead fitting.. gotta keep it legit for the track.

Where I mounted the solenoids and the fuel feed off the AFPR.

The NX Shark nozzle mounted in the throttle body elbow:

Master arm switch and the "oh shit" button for those "just in case" situations:

I have the nitrous for the launch controled using the FPS ground within Jackal. Have the juice set to spray when > 99% tps, > 2250 rpm and < 3500 rpm. So for the launch it's pretty much automated. Just flip the master arm switch and floor it. The momentary button on the console is in case I want to give it a little shot up top.

10.67@126mph

Mon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm
Profile YIM

Looks good ma man. Testing @ Irwindale prior to the 4th I take it?

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm

That is the plan. Going to change the fuel jet tonight and see if it helps the n2o have a little better hit. It still gets on the converter how it is in like 3-4 seconds.

10.67@126mph

Mon May 23, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next