[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New Plans for my 1g
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
New Plans for my 1g 
Post Master

Post Re: New Plans for my 1g

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 am
Official Photographer

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:57 am
Profile WWW

Oh I've seen that vid before! Yeah, deer don't fuck around, they will destroy your car.

..stupid bambi!

10.67@126mph

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:06 am
Profile YIM
Post Master

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 am
DSM Regular

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 am

So word of warning to you E85 brothers out there: Check your Injectors for the E85 gunk! Mine were all pretty gunked up, the worst one had to be affecting the injector's spray pattern. I haven't used pump gas for close to a year, maybe longer.. I'm definitely going to run some pump through this bitch every once in a while and check the injectors more regularly.

I didn't get any good close up pictures as I just had my phone on me. They were easy enough to clean though with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner.

On a side note, take a look at my Delta reground camshafts. The lobes and journals still look as good as the day I put them in there. Just a real world example (for regrind haters) of regrinds making some damn good power for over a year and still holding up strong.

10.67@126mph

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

ill be pulling mine out for cleaning today since shes half way apart already, im also sending them to ECMLink for some free testing

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am
DSM Regular

What size injectors are you running Dustin? Any idea what the highest duty cycles have been?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

10.67@126mph

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 am
No More 2.3L

Yeah, I haven't pulled mine to look at them but my car was refusing to idle and as soon as I put in a tank of regular pump gas she straightened right up. I can imagine the gunk was getting pretty bad.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:01 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 am

10.67@126mph

Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Napa had it. Already fixed and now my A1000 won't kick on and the master brake booster suddenly leaking. Gotta love these cars!

Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

I got the head back on this weekend. It pressure tested fine and I had it resurfaced as smooth as they could get it. I went with a MLS gasket and lightly dusted it with copper spray sealant. L19's torqued down to 95ft. lbs. I'm going to let it heat cycle a couple times times then pull the valve cover and re-torque them to 105.

Head back on and torqued down:

L19 stud:

Cams back in cam gears bolted up.

10.67@126mph

Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next