[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Quick question
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Quick question 
DSM Regular

Post Quick question
So last night I realized I still need work on the Galant. Launches hard, but each time I shift it'd lose spool and just not performing like it should (lost to a car that ran a 15 flat in the 1/4.

Things I think are cuasing this. First off, the BOV opening to atmosphere. Gonna be picking up an adapter to allow me to recirculate the air with an HKS BOV (what's on the car right now).

Second, fuel cut. I believe most of this to be be caused by the BOV, but also being on 450cc injectors. I picked up some RC 550cc's just been procrastinating putting them on.

Third, my exhaust. Still stock DP, and stock catback. Just the cat and resonator have been removed. Was looking into getting a 3" dp and 2.5" catback as I don't want anything too loud.

So here's where my question comes in. If I throw on the 550cc injectors and recirce my BOV, should I be safe to run the 2g MAF I have? And also, Do you think i'm on the right page as far as loosing spool between shifts?

98 Grand Prix GTP (L32 swapped, 286whp/368wtq) 13.8 @ 102mph -SOLD
91 Galant VR4 #852/2000. SOLD
97 Outback Legacy 5-speed... SOLD
99 Mustang GT So sue me haha

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:39 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: Quick question
Here's a rough list of mods.

BC 272's
2.5" intercooler piping
huge FMIC
14b with 16g hotside
o2 dump
2-stage boost controller (DD at 12psi)
HKS SSQV
Stock injectors
Stock DP
Stock Catback

Feel free to break it down. Just trying to fix the previous owners mistakes, so no offense taken

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:48 am
No More 2.3L

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:45 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

For sure it's fuel cut. Quick bang (not literally a "bang") and feels like I just slammed on the brakes.

Exhaust, I just don't want any excuse to get pulled over. I live a block away from the MoVal police station and don't care to risk it.

I do still need a afc or tuning software, but for now I just want to make sure it's safe.

Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:36 pm
DSM Regular

On a side note. Not sure exactly how to check an HKS BOV for leaks, but it doesn't appear to drop off boost (12psi) once i'm in it

Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:40 pm
Squish Face

Get a 3" system with a quiet muffler and biggest resonator you can fit (if not possibly a 2nd muffler in place of a cat) and it will be quiet but flow plenty. I don't think you're hitting fuel cut at 12psi on a 14b unless you have some sort of leak and your overflowing your maf sensor.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:12 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Well I threw on my 550's and 2 maf today. Tomorrow i'll be putting on the recirce pipe I picked up for the HKS BOV. After that, i'll do a few pulls and see what happens. Hopefully i'll be getting my air compressor back this week and can finally get around to making a boost leak tester

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:01 am

You can also get fuel cut if you have a boost leak. Last time I had a boost leak I went WOT and it felt like a hit a wall straight on. I was also running a Evo 3 16g at 10psi and still am today. So like Gus said it might not be fuel cut due to a 14b at 12 psi but you might have a boost leak somewhere. Also can it be that your misfiring and not hitting fuel cut. I remember somebody on here confused them both and thought misfiring was fuel cut.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 am
DSM Regular

Def not a misfire. Not a studder, but a full on stop. Lke you described, hitting a wall. Feels as if I hit the brakes full on.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Like state before check for boostleaks ,, the fact that your blow off valve is not recircalated will make the car run poorly, no need to throw on the 550cc injectors on yhe 14b yet , just get the full 3 inch exhaust .. Now since you added the injectors , did u upgraded the fuel pump ? And have something to tune and To compensate for the bigger injectors?. Another thing, make sure your boost controller is hooked up correctly.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:42 pm
DSM Regular

Well today while picking up some hose so I could recire I decided to grab supplies for a boost leak tester. Holy hell were/are there a lot of leaks. No wonder it ran like shit. TB gasket is toast, vacuum lines needed to be clamped down, still need to sort out a few more but need a second hand, or ear in this case. So tomorrow my buddy is coming over to help me out in tracking some of these leaks down. It almost sounds like one is coming from the intake manifold, or atleast under/behind it

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]