[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - :bang: my dsm is acting like a dsm
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
:bang: my dsm is acting like a dsm 

:bang:

so i did timing on my car, changed the water pump, and changed the radiator cap.

problem now is my car keeps overheating. im going to take out the thermostat,see if it was getting stuck or something, but im pretty sure i have a blown head gasket :depressed:.

any advice on other things to look at? also, im losing water, pretty sure its getting burned up.

HELP!thanks guys

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: :bang: my dsm is acting like a dsm
To check if it is your head gasket and water is being consumed in the cylinders. Let your car idle and put your hand right at the exhaust pipe, if your hand gets wet with coolant then you know you have a blown head gasket. Also if you want an extra check run a compression check and see how you stand.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 pm
Profile YIM

thanks wes, ill have to do that tommorow

Irv

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:40 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

i can look at a car for about 5 minutes and tell you if it has a blown hg. only because i have had so many :(

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 am

Another thing you can do and to find out if you do have a bad headgasket is run the car at idle with the radiator cap off and see if you can see a constant flow of air bubbles. Also if the coolant shoots up in the air like a geyser then you have bad HG. The good thing about burning water is it cleans your pistons :D lol GL on figuring out your problem.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 am
No More 2.3L

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:58 am
Profile YIM

Welcome to the club Irv.

All joking aside though, do a compression check. How hot did you let it get when you had that bad water pump? Are you sure your fans are kicking on when they are supposed to?

10.67@126mph

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 am
Profile YIM

seems odd that you all of a sudden have a blown hg after doing that work. Did it everheat before the new pump and tstat? Regardless, do the checks that the others recommended. It might also be air bubbles in the coolant. Did u bleed the cooling system after doing all the work?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

it got to id say 4/5ths of the way on the temp gauge before i did all the work. and i have a bad HG, onmy way from work i started overheating, pulled over and started to put water in it and it did the geyser thing as i was pouring water in. :( time to pull your car out of the shop adam lmao.

Irv

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:02 pm

also, i havent replaced the tstat, and yes i bled/flushed the cooling system.

Irv

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]