[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - my cars own progress thread.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
my cars own progress thread. 

Post my cars own progress thread.
so on Tuesday 7/26/10, i became the proud owner of a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi Awd.
153,XXX miles, rebuilt tranny,ugly ass muffler, but other than that ALL STOCK!!!

same night ended up having a coolant leak, parked it, and went home.

Today 7/27/10 i ordered 3QTs of redline MT90, and 2qts Redline Shockproof (heavy). also removed the Silencer, removed the horn, removed the AC fan, and cleaned up the engine bay.

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Last edited by Irv on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 pm
Goderator

Post Re: Dont know if this is allowed....my cars own progress thread.
Congrats. Go ahead and post your updates here if you want. 1g forum collects dust anyways :wink:

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 pm
Post Master

^ LOL they do for some reason, but make it interested and post up images along the way that would be kewl.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 pm

Irv

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Post Re: my cars own progress thread.
so after decoding my VIN, my car was the 69,257th talon to be made....cool. lol 8)

Irv

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 pm
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 am
Profile YIM

Irv

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 am

put the AC fan back in and enjoy your AC while you can. The AC fan will also help the car run cooler. Thats a lot of miles, but if its stock then thats awesome! 90s are a weird year good luck with your build.

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Irv

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:44 pm

I got my piping for my 2g from Cxracing in south el monte. I got it for 150 for my 2g dont know if its more expensive for 1g's. It also came with couplers and clamps.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

You got better pics there buddy?
And yeah try cxracing, they have some nice cheap stuff.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 pm

So about a month ago (same night Dustin blew his tranny) my car kept overheating on the way home, so I ended up parking it at a friends house. Last night I got it towed to the shop, and upon getting there I noticed the car was dead. I popped the hood and BAM. Engine is missing.

Ok jk but they did steal my battery (wich was pretty much dead anyway).

So I have the water pump, but need to get the timing belt and balance shaft belt from Mitsubishi.

Also have a palm with mmcd ( thanks Dustin) waiting to be hooked up, waiting on the serial hotsync cable.

All fluids will be changed- from brake fluid on to rear diff.

Ported O2 housing with 2.5 piping all the way down also going in.

Thinking about removing all the emmissions junk while I'm in there, anyone have any other ideas as to what I should do while Shes up in the air?

Irv

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 am

Post EPROM BABY!!!
couldnt get the whole cover off as i stripped a bolt lol.but anyways...

now where can i get this thing socketed?

Irv

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Irv! While the car is up in the air, check the condition of all your axle cv boots. Check see if there is gear oil leaking from the drive shaft yoke (t-case recall), check the carrier bearings on the driveshaft for excessive play and just check around for any oil leaks.

If you don't get your ecu socketed by Sam, you can send it here: http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/
That's Steve's (wiseman from tuners) website. You'll probably need the caps replaced too.
:drinkers:

10.67@126mph

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next