[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Where are the oil squirters on a 6 bolt?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Where are the oil squirters on a 6 bolt? 
Post Master

Post Where are the oil squirters on a 6 bolt?
From what i have understood they help keep the pistons cool when under load. And that on a stock rebuild its a must and on a forge setup not much of a must. Where are the holes for the squirters on a 6 bolt block turbo. Pictures would help alot more. thanks.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Post Re: Where are the oil squirters on a 6 bolt?
They are on the bottom right side of each cylinder. The holes with the thread pattern is where the oil squirters would go.

Personally, I have forged internals and I still run oil squirters. But others choose not too because they think it's "unnecesary" w/forgred pistons. I think most people on here with forged internals still have them.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:44 am
DSM Regular

strokers they are required to be removed or run evo squirters. as the squirters will hit the bottom of the pistons in the down ward stroke. eventually causing them to break or fall out and you tend to loose most of your oil pressure with these missing. I seen 2 psi at idle when mine went. thanks SBR.

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:56 am
No More 2.3L

With my 2.3 Millennium Motorsports modified my stock squirters to clear the pistons.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:52 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

im running an NT block so i have no squirters

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 am

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 am
Profile YIM

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I ended up just ordering plugs from mcmastercarr for mine and threade lockered them in

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:10 pm
Post Master

Awesome.
Thanks guys.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm

I had clearance issues with my 2.0L with forged pistons my self. Luckly my Machine shop let me know about the problem (instead of just throwing on the oil pan and giving it to me) I decided to take the block home and do some vodo magic to make the piston skirt clear the squirters. I believe Sam also had this issue. We are running the same set-up (2.0L Wisceo pistons)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 am
Post Master

You think thats a forged piston problem? Since im not going the forged setup.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 am

I'm not sure but the odds are yes, because it happened to 2 blocks with the same set-up. I wouldn't worry much if I were you. Just ask your machine some if they had any issues with that. If so, there are easy simple ways to fix it.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm
Post Master

Sounds good. Ill keep this thread updated to see what the machine shop says.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Had to insist to Robert over at RRE that he include the damn squirters when he was doing my six-bolt; he wanted to eliminate them as they're a potential point of failure. But they DO help cool the pistons and reduce knock/the risk of preignition.. and running on 91, we need all the help we can get as far as that goes.

Technically, you don't /need/ a blade guard on a circular saw, but it'll save your ass. Same thing. Keep them.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Talon of Doom

:shock: batty sighting!!! how you been man, long time no hear, see, telegraph, messenger pigeon...etc

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]