[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need Help
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Need Help 
DSM Regular

Post Re: Need Help
Thanks for the link. I just read all 5 pages. I will go check the o2 sensor.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:59 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

+1 on airflow readings. the ecu might not be seeing it it could be bad wires try to start the car with the maf unplugged and see if anything changes if it does it could rule of airflow if it doesnt then its maf related

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm
DSM Regular

Well I replaced the o2 sensor, got new spark plugs and put on new wires. I started the car, it would idle and die. I started it again, revved the motor while pumping the gas pedal and it got up to 6-7k. When I held the gas pedal down, it would slowly go down in rpm and die. Took my alternator to autozone and they tested it and its dead. Could it be the alternator?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Talon of Doom

Battery's job = start car.
Alternators job = Keep car running.

It supplies power to everything, but if the car still starts on its own without a jump start, I doubt the battery is that low. But a dead alt (or low voltage to all electical sensors and components) will make the car barely run as you are describing. But granted if the car can start without a jump, it most likely isnt the root of the problem. Who did you buy this car from? We don't do JDM motor swaps, we do USDM race built engines.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Have you done a boost leak test yet? Start with the easiest things first.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:28 pm
DSM Regular

haven't done the boost leak test yet.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:44 pm
DSM Regular

did a boost leak test just now and there are no leaks that I can feel or hear.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:08 pm
DSM Regular

So my roommate test drove the car and found 6 holes drilled into the gas tank. He sealed them up with teflon tape and screws until I can find a gas tank to replace the old one.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 pm
Talon of Doom

your chasing your tail on this. Holes in the tank aren't gunna cause this. The car is over fueling or under fueling. Make the car bog out and die, pull the plugs instantly. What color are they? Take pictures and post it. There are a lot of people who say "road race...this. road race...that" we keep copies of every invoice, if you have a name for the previous owner, I can tell you if he ever got work done, or if he just bought some gaskets and took a license plate frame and now its a road race car.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I attempted to drive the car with his roommate in the passenger seat. He noticed fuel was spilling out of a small 1/16" hole. We got back to the house and covered up all the holes with screws and teflon tape. We then drove the car again and the spuddering went away and we where able to get to 45mph.

The back of the car is completely gutted out. That's how we noticed the fuel spillage. .

The fuel tank was never pressurized with the holes in it

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

still wont make the car sputter. You can leave your gas cap open and the car will drive. The fuel pump is an electrical submersable pump that pumps fuel through hard lines up to the rail.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

so then could it be a bad fuel pump?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 am
Talon of Doom

no. Its an electrical pump. Electrical parts work or dont. It gets 12V and it pumps, or dont. If it didnt, the car wont start at all. BTW what year is this car?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:50 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Its a 92 GS-T

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next