[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need Help
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Need Help 
DSM Regular

Post Need Help
Hey whats up. My friend Scott (Medrivfast) told me to post my problem up here to see if anyone can help me out. I bought a 92 GST with a JDM 4g63T motor. Anyway, my friend Chris (turbodsm) has been working on it since I bought it Monday night and he can't seem to figure it out. We have changed the TPS, checked the cam angle sensor, the MAF, ECU, checked the spark plugs, wires, knock sensor. Just changed the fuel filter today. Here is what its doing: It starts and idles between 900-1300rpm. Once I touch the gas pedal, it dies. Please if anyone can help me figure this out, I would really appreciate it and if you are ever out in simi valley, look me up and I will buy you a starbucks. I have done searching on dsmtuners and looked thru here. If you find my problem on dsmtuners, thank you and post up a link for me to look at.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Post Re: Need Help
Have you done a boost leak test?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm
DSM Regular

Haven't tried that yet. I am going to be putting in a 190 fuel pump tomorrow.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 pm
Squish Face

Have any way to post up a log? And if its a jaydum Gvr4 rs motor did you check it doesn't have 510cc injectors?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

a log of what? I don't understand. I'm new to the dsm world and my friend told me to post up whats going on. It's a jdm 4G63T motor (EVO 3) I have 450 injectors in it

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm
Squish Face

The evo3 motor is a 7bolt motor so that's kind of going backwards if it had a 6bolt to begin. What i mean by a log is, do you have any way to get a datalog from the cars ecu to see what the tps, ipw, and airflow are doing during this event. But since your new and you didn't know what it was then ill assume you don't have a way of logging. Have you verified the timing is correct?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Yes my dsm mechanic did check the timing and its correct. Ya sorry no way of checking the log. I have another friend coming over tomorrow to check if any codes are coming up.

I was told by the guy I bought the car from, he said Road Race installed the motor in the car.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:54 pm
DSM Regular

From what i saw.

Basically what the car does is: When you rev the engine it won't go past 3500rpm's. After letting off the throttle it will go to idle for a couple of seconds and then die. At idle the engine sounds healthy. It is a JDM 4g63 with a stock Big 16G.

James, Check the throttle body to see if it's dirty or even opening all the way.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 am
Profile YIM
DSM Post Whore

I had the same problem on my 2g talon. Car would not rev past 3500 rpm, it was like it hit a wall but it wouldn't shut off after. My o2 sensors and ECU were bad had them replaced and repaired. Car runs sweet now.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 am
DSM Regular

Well I am getting an o2 sensor later today. My ECU works fine in my roommates 1g gst and his ecu, we put in my car and does the same thing.. so it sounds like the o2 sensor could be bad. I am also gonna replace the fuel pump to a 190. Do I need an install kit for the 190 fuel pump? anyone please.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:43 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

kinda sounds like a problem with the MAF if you have an extra swap it out

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm
DSM Post Whore

Yes the MAF could be the cause. try the o2 though, unplug it and see if it makes a differnce. if you unplug it and it runs the same its probably bad. When I had this problem my plugs were BLACK with build up are your plugs clean?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 pm
DSM Regular

For the MAF, I tried my friend Alex's and did the same thing.. I used my roommates MAF and it does the same thing. I haven't tried the o2 sensor yet. My sparkplugs are black with a lil bit of white. My friend Chris said its running too lean. I hope its just the o2 sensor.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:32 pm
Goderator

If the o2 sensor is dead, your car will run rich. I would lean towards something related to airflow metering. A logging solution would really help you understand what's happening in these situations.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:43 pm
DSM Post Whore

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next