[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - ??? starting issue.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
??? starting issue. 
DSM Regular

Post ??? starting issue.
I have a 90 gst and just got it running again. the only problem is when i first try to start it, it takes FOREVER to start. when it does start i can run it for just a few seconds. shut it off and it starts just fine for the rest of the day. the longer i wait the longer it takes to start. temp sensor already replaced, ive heard about injectors leakin, but also have heard all of the fuel is running back into the tank so it has to build up pressure again to start. any ideas before i go and buy a fuel pump? thanks guys

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:24 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: ??? starting issue.
Even with no fuel in the line it should only take about a second for your pump to fill the line to the rail. If your car runs at all I would doubt it is the pump but it still may be a possibility. Has your MAF sensor been modified at all?

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile YIM

I would start with injector seals. they're cheap and I'm assuming a leak could allow the fuel to drain back into the tank. replace the upper o-rings and lower seals while you're at it.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

the MAF has the lower combs and silencer out but thats it. what i thought was wierd was i unplugged my MAF while it was running and it ran better. sounds stupid to me, and i will do the injector seals and let you know.... yeah that fuel pump seems to be working great i cranked it with the feed disconnected and it shot out so i dont know what its taking so long. and i realize that it fills the rail fast but i was told that the pump has to fill the void between the fpr and the tank which didnt make semse to me which is why im asking you guys thanks in advance for anymore advice. thanks to SOAD and TAF as well.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:24 pm
DSM Regular

alright it now has new injector seals and the problem is still there it also has a very hard time running while it is cold think i may have a faulty coolant temp sensor? trying that next but if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated thanks guys

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:02 pm
DSM Post Whore

My car does the same exact thing...but only in cold weather. Its probably the gas going back to the fuel tank, the fuel pump will work great but still, leak fuel back into the tank

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:45 pm

how's the connection to the temp sensor on the t-stat housing? check that connection. i had the same issue, and it ended up being the connection to that temp sensor

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Do you have a check engine light? I had the problem you described when the wire to my temp sensor broke, but it also caused a CEL.

10.67@126mph

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

yeah cel is on but i dont have a reader nor an analog multi meter which is what i heard the only alternative to the reader is ... so i have no idea what its throwin... id search the cel readout but i dont have time at the moment...

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

again, how's the connection to that temp sensor? you still haven't answered that question.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm
DSM Regular

its fine. brand new sensor, clean inside good connection ,... there is nothing else it could be?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm
DSM Regular

any other ideas ma man?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:19 pm

off the top of my head nope, cuz i had the same type of problem and the wire to that sensor was the culprit.

when was the last time you gave that car a tune up?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 pm
DSM Regular

almost everything is new.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next