[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Slipping clutch???
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Slipping clutch??? 
DSM Post Whore

Post Slipping clutch???
My car is pretty much stock: Here are some videos of what I'm trying to show you. Car feels like its going nowhere if I WOT....it boost fine so I can rule out a a boost leak. Besides that, the only other problem is my cam seals a seeping small amount of oil when I WOT. Videos are in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuzmyOsNho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZY-80UZEoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdweG6md9vU

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Post Re: Slipping clutch???
1) why is your temp so low? do you have a thermostat?

2) do you have an aftermarket boost gauge? or just relying on the stock one on the gauge cluster?
(nvm i saw your boost gauge in the 3rd video)

3)if your clutch was slipping, it'd seem like the car was free-revving at times the rpm's would rise fast and the car would literally feel like it's not going anywhere.

4) are you sure about boost leaks? your boost seems to build slowly for a 14b

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Definitely not a slipping clutch. like it has been stated, . +1 on the water temp, that's LOW. Also, just b/c you build boost doesn't mean you don't have boost leaks. You can still build the same amount of boost, the turbo is just pushed a lot harder to build it. If you're set to 15psi and have a big enough leak, your turbo could be spinning as fast as it would normally take to make 20+psi just to make 15. You'd be running really rich with a massive boost leak. Do you have a logger so you can see what's going on? Have you done a compression test on the engine? How much boost are you running? If you have a fuel delivery problem or too much boost you could be getting a significant amount of knock. With a lot of knock the engine pulls a lot of timing and the car will feel like a slug.

Give us more info on what mods you have and log if you can to see what the car is trying to tell you. Also do a BLT and check compression on the motor.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Post Whore

Compression Test, BLT, and no, I don't have a logger :(
@ Erix: When I WOT on the boost video, I was in 4th going 45...hence the slow boost build up, I lay into the throttle, I didn't stab it. If I stabbed it, it would start breaking up like in video 2.

@Clint: I will do all the small little test and also, I was looking on DSMtuners, and saw it could be an ignition problem too, any way I can test the coil pack?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:14 am
DSM Post Whore

P.S. I don't know who wired up the temp gauge, but I'm really thinking who ever did it, wired it up to the radiator. I have an aftermarket analog temp gauge and it reads 180-190 depending on weather and how I drive.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:17 am

If the breaking up is what seems to be slowing you down then yeah, it could be ignition related. Check plugs and wires. But, if it's sluggish even when it isn't breaking up I'd suspect something else.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:21 am
Profile WWW
DSM Post Whore

Thanks Clint :D

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]