[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - power steering seals
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
power steering seals 
N00b

Post power steering seals
hey i got 90 turbo and im kinda having trouble on choosing a power steering pump seal kit for my car. the ones i see are for either a two piece or three piece. this sounds kinda lame but im lookin at my car and idk which one id need. any help is appreciated.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:54 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: power steering seals
turboawdfanatic has a OEM (from the dealership) power steering pump seal kit that he'd like to sell, i think.

i'm sure he'll chime in here and let you know.

which seals are you looking to replace though? or where are you leaking from?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 pm

I have a seal kit for the late 1g pump which is the two piece. I bought it not knowing it was different from the seal kit for the '90 pump which is a three piece. To see the difference between the two, check out these links:

I believe the '90 3 piece kit is p/n mb501695, and the '91+ 2 piece p/n is mr244546, but double check w/ a dealer or JNZ to be sure. I have a 91+ 2 piece seal kit that I can sell you if that's what you need. There are obvious visual differences in the seal kits. If you take apart your pump you will be able to clearly distinguish which kit you need.

Here's a pic of the '90 3 piece seal kit (missing a few o rings that I had already installed on the connector):

Here's a pic of the '91+ 2 piece seal kit:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

Make sure you're not just leaking from the line. I have a $10 O-ring set from harbor freight that had the sizes to fix me right up.

10.67@126mph

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]