[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - HELLO FROM SO CAL
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
HELLO FROM SO CAL 
DSM Regular

Post HELLO FROM SO CAL
whats up guys fellow mitsu owner for years since like 2002 right after the fast and the furious movie :prayer:. so yes it started with a 1g eclipse gs 1.8 non turbo which had minor exterior mods such as 1g talon front bumper, axis 16" wheels with low profile tires, F&F style wing, cherry bomb exhaust; for the interior i had a Megan racing driver seat sparco 4pt harness, sparco pedals, 3000gt shift knob, gst cluster just to fool the people i had boost :bang: and for the grand finale a auto meter tach with shift light tucked on the left side of the pillar and dash. after a while i was bored with the car and decided to part with it in 2005. yes i know RICER but if you have been as long as i have that was the era i grew up in.

shortly after 2006 i had no affiliation with mitsubihsi's/ dsm's and joined the Honda community. stuck with that do to the cheap fast build that where available and reliability. After a few years of that 4 to be exact i was tired of worrying if my car will still be outside after the movies, work, school ( college at the time ) so i got out of the honda scene in 2010.

with my second child on the way and wanted a daily driver that was a dream when i was in high school/ college i set out for the hunt of an EVO. In 2010 i was re introduced into the mitsu world in full force with my dream car and family by my side. In 2012 little by little i went bringing the tired evo back to life and BAM! it snapped the crank in half :fail: WTF.... little by little, penny's here and there i saved up and slowly started to build my evo motor.

Now to current time evo motor still in the works and steadily getting closer to finish it i wanted a daily driver that somewhat felt like an evo and would be easy in this crazy cali rush hour traffic, and whats the next best thing ... yup you guest it eclipse gsx. I set out for my search cheking forums and C.L and after several declines of my low ball offers i finally found a car a 1995 automatic eclipse gsx with 95k on the speed-O and minus a automatic trans for the exact price i was looking to pay... 500 bucks i knew i need =ed to put work into it but the exterior is clean interior is decent, full leather all OG no one has put their filthy hands on this hidden diamond in the rough.

here is my evo build thread if you guys want to check it out

http://www.socalevo.net/threads/208992- ... t-of/page4

UPDATE GUYS
I started a build thread if you guys will like to fallow

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15560

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD
1993 Eclipse GS - SOLD (I MISS MY 1G)

Last edited by second_amendment on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Post Re: HELLO FROM SO CAL
Welcome to LADSM. Nice intro. Good luck getting the Evo back up and building the GSX.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 am

WELCOME to LADSM.com

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile YIM

welcome. post up some pics of the gsx.
good work on that evo. how far along is the engine build?

2003 Yamaha R6

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 pm
DSM Regular

thanks, i just snapped some pics of the eclipse yesterday and will upload them later today. As for the evo got the block back from RS Machining and will start assembly as soon as i have time. Both cars are aiming to attend MOD so lets keep our fingers crossed

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:13 am

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

thanks guys for the welcome. I started a resto thread with pics if you guys will like to fallow. bellow is the link :munch:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15560

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Welcome

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:49 pm
Profile YIM

Nice evo and 2g good luck!! oh and Welcome

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:09 am

Welcome aboard

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:47 am

Ive met you at the meets. Thanks for returning and helping expand the meets. Your a cool guy

Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:40 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

thanks guys, always liked the mitsu/ dsm community, it's like a big family with the brotherhood bonding/funny a$$ jokes ( boost knows what im talking about) LMAO. where is axle at ?.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Axle wouldnt know how to use a forum lol

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

lol

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD