[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Newbie from Palm Springs
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Newbie from Palm Springs 
N00b

Post Newbie from Palm Springs
Hey guys! I'm new to the DSM scene. I've owned my 2G for a year now and would like to start having some fun with it. I'm down in the Palm Springs area, Indio to be exact, and hardly see any DSMs out this way. Can anyone recommend who I might see to swap my tranny from auto to manual. I'm willing to travel a bit as long as I know the work is quality.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:51 am

Post Re: Newbie from Palm Springs
Welcome and thanks for post a intro.

As far as your transmission swap goes honestly it's better just to buy another 5spd Dsm. There cheap now days but its up to you. Good luck

Sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk 2

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 pm

WELCOME to LADSM...

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome to LADSM. Post up some pics.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Welcome to ladsm. We like pics.

2003 Yamaha R6

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:56 pm
DSM Regular

Post Newbie from Palm Springs
welcome, there should be a thread here about that cuz I know Wally converted from an auto to a manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome to the site. Might be easier to find/buy a 5 speed

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile WWW

welcome, yes it is better to get a 5 speed than swapping unless you want to undertake a challenge. otherwise you'll end up spending the same amount of money and time. You can always just find a shell with the drive train and just swap out your engine.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:34 pm
Talon of Doom

Ive done the job, trust it sucks. Financially and logically it would be a smarter decision to find a shell with a 5 speed already. But if you wanna under take the work, its not hard, just a lot of work. Hardest id say is installing the clutch pedal and getting the flex plate ring out of the crank.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:29 am
Profile WWW

+1 with ring in the crank TOTAL PITA!!! Sam couldn't even get it out from my crank :/ I ended up drilling that bitch but being careful not to touch the crank I did the swap. Also if you at your firewall there's already makes where your need to drill for your clutch pedal. I used a 90° degree drill since its easier to drill the holes out. There's a piece if like rubber covering the holes just rip that part and you'll see the holes

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Damn I'm typing like I'm drunk lol I meant holes* not mades haha

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 pm
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Welcome

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 am

Too bad it wasn't a 1G awd auto. I'd have you bring the car over to my house and I'd swap everything for you and just let me keep the auto trans. I swapped my car from 5 speed to auto and it wasn't too bad.

10.67@126mph

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]