[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - a noob to LADSM....
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
a noob to LADSM.... 
DSM Regular

Post a noob to LADSM....
my names arnold,

jus wanna say whats up to everyone.... currently in norwalk, ca

i was into jdm's untill i totaled my teggy, my mother handed me down her (auto) eclipse gst. not used to driving auto, but since its free... not complaining lol. but even tho its auto, it still pulls hard, she rarely drove it... being a 16yr old car, (paint is horrible, still original) it only has 95,xxx miles. its all stok for now... my daily

i dont really go to meets cuz im a father of two, but maybe soon once i get some mods done (once work picks up) ill show up at some near my locaiton.... (if theres any)

L8r

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Post Re: a noob to LADSM....
Welcome, We have a monday meet thats not 2 far from you.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13017

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

welcome, make sure you take care of the maintenance before modding, do you know if the timing belt has been replaced yet?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

thnx guys,

the major tune-up at around 75k miles... around 3 years ago.... for 3 years shes only driven 20k miles, being that it has 95k up to today.... i did a few easy checks myself, fluids, belts ect.... absolutely no leaks, doesnt overheat, tranys still smooth. i changed spk plugs and wires to oem, one spark plug was shot and sputtered under fool boost, which i thought i had a boost-leak.... but it was just the plugs, which later i will ug to aftermarket.. being that everything is stock, i didnt feel like the time to ug anything just yet, especially being on a budjet.

im going to have a look at the timing belt when i get the free time, but im almost positive its still good. since it was changed 20k miles ago... before it was given to me, it was only driven as a grocery getter... she took really good care of it, and i will do the same...

still new to the dsm scene... so far, to my knowlege, the 1g 4g63t flows better and is a better block to start out from. but the 2g can be somewhat converted.... by using the 1g bov, tb, head, ect... and the t25 suks but does the job.

if theres any info i should know about my 2g, feel free to post me any.... id like to learn alot more about it.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 am
DSM Regular

welcome man!!!

well dsm's are really cool cars, fun to drive and powerfull, but all that comes with a price :doh if u want to start modifyng it u should set your goals so u dont spend your money on stuff u would regret later!!! one thing is for sure this cars comes with a lot of electrical problems so far i had replace the MAF sensor twice, idle control valve, cluster gauges, transmission computer and solenoid pack, egr solenoid, evap solenoid and nothing is cheap all their parts are expensive but u have a very strong engine!!! so strong that i ran mine with no oil and water pump for a couple of hours and survived (not recomended) so good luck with your project another advise dont cut corners on maintance and parts cus they will hunt you!!! good luck again and welcome :drinkers:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 am
DSM Regular

Thnx man....

This eclipse was recently given to me.... My mother didn't kno what she had an did do her maintenance always on time, but she used standard conventional oil frm my knowlege.... I don't think she knew anything about synthetic.... Most females don't kno much about cars so I don't blame her, but I'm gonna do everything right from now on.... As a first step, what oils are perfect for the 4g's? I searched an came to know that 10/30 synthetics are good, as far as brand.... I don't know what gives the best results. Also, going synthetic results in possible leaks on motors over 75k... So I'm not sure if I should go synthetic now, lol

I'll try an go to some meets, atleast once a month.... To check it out. I don't have time at the moment with my work schedule, but where are the monday meets located?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:01 am
DSM Regular

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 pm
DSM Regular

Post a noob to LADSM....
Kool... Nice to kno I'm not the only dsm owner with kids too lol

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:48 pm
No More 2.3L

I have one kid, my little Lily is awesome. And she loves my GSX.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:49 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Post a noob to LADSM....
Gsx... Nice! Wish I had one... But maybe in near future I can convert my gst to awd...

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 am

My DSM is my Kid.

Welcome!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]