[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Whats Up DSMers. I'm Jay from South LA
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Whats Up DSMers. I'm Jay from South LA 
N00b

Post Whats Up DSMers. I'm Jay from South LA
Wats good fellow DSMr's. I'm Jay from south LA. I don't see to many DSM around here" I saw this old ass dude in a clean all stock 2GA GSX a few days ago on western and king lol". So I figured I'd reach out. Cars mostly stock but the 17" front 18"rear wheels. boost gauge and apexi boost controller. HKS bov and injen intake. Looking for local DSM cool peeps that want to chill, litsen to some music work on cars. Smoke some weed lol and whatever helps. Looking forward to the site

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 am

Post Re: Whats Up DSMers. I'm Jay from South LA
welcome idk about the weed part but kicking it and drinking doesnt sound bad at all :drinkers:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

There is a handfull of us in L.A. im one of them. Go to tonights monday meet in norwalk

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Welcome, please do come to the Monday night meets but do not smoke weed there and with the ricer invasion bringing cops I wouldn't bring weed with you either. And from your screen name I'm guessing you have a GSX and then you mentioned that you have different size front and rear wheels. This is very bad for your center differential, it expects that at constant speed in a straight line all four wheels will be spinning at the same speed. If they aren't it will cook your viscous coupler.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Profile YIM

WELCOME to LADSM...also post pics of your car, we like pics

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:46 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

welcome and +1 one what SOADweskey said about the weed, and your wheel setup

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

dang, people act like cops are the law lol, know the law and you will put the cops in they place. lol Done it many of times. Thanks for the info on the wheels. Its not something I will keep, its a part time fix to the worse problem that was at hand witch was cracked rims, not just 1 but 2!!!. so it was ether 80 bucks for the matching 17's or dish out money i didnt have for the tenzo 17" i wanted. Will work on getting picture up. and way in Norwalk lol long drive. and 420 actually stands for 4vs2=0 chance :quagmire: lol. Looking forward to chill with some of guy and learning alot. Thanks for the welcome. Oh yea. I've my car for a year. Spun a bearing the 1st week i had her lol

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:18 pm
Official Photographer

I think having tranny issues are a much worse problem than cracked rims. 80 bucks is cheap compared to the probs you might encounter, the comments about the weed, say a member smokes weed at the meet, cops show up, most of us have modded cars, we dont need extra heat

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

1st off it is no longer illegal to have weed on you. man you guys sound like yall are scared of cops. Do your homework guys because cops wont, Know your laws and how to protect yourself,put the punk as cops back in they place.
I was very unaware of the different size rim problems. But that last comment was shitty. I lent my friend my car and while he was on the freeway doing 80! 1 tire blew on him, luckaly it was a back tire and not a front tire...Don't really need people to tell me what I shouldn't have did, how about more people saying would should be done from this point. Don't mean to sound like a A-hole but thats just what ppl sound like on these boards. A bunch of self fulfilling Buttholes. The stinky ones too lol. anyone Selling the stock 5 start gsx wheels, I only need 3 I already have one. Thanks for the info again bro's, oh yea and happy late fathers day to all

User was warned for this post

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:44 am
N00b

lol its not like i was going to pull up smoking a fatty infront of my car. Its called go of to the side lol. im 25, im not some kid that just started smoking lol. and FYI if the cops want 2 fuck with you the simply will. lol ive seen it all when it comes to cops. my 1st tick was because a cop pulled out illegal and almost T-boned me, I've been in the car with people that get pulled over becuase the cop thought we was gang members in a clean ass 87 cuttlass with the original euro front in. No tent, No sounds, stock wheels. You guys should be a little less of a push over. If everyone at the car meet knew how to play these punk ass cops on the bullshit they do. But enough about cops. more about DSM's....I pulled up to a BMW 640...about a 2010 2008 model. He thought he was cool till the light turned green lol. Made him look dumb. We get to the next light and he pulls up behind me then turns lmao.....I love my GSX. FYI cops need probable cause to search your car. They cant just search your car because your at a car meet. I know. I have family cops and lawyers. Don't Let the cops win lol

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am
No More 2.3L

Being at a car meet is probable cause to search for illegal modifications. So is a large exhaust pipe, extra gauges, and sitting lower than stock height.

Pretty much it isn't about being a pushover as it is just about avoiding the problem to start with. We race at the race track (most of the time) and don't do burnouts and doughnuts in the parking lot at the meets.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 am
Profile YIM
Goderator

First off, running not only mismatched rims but tires as well for GSXs is BAD. Don't argue what you did was right. It's not. Having your car flat bedded and not driven until you can afford to fix your wheel issue is the only acceptable answer. Everything else is asking for a new viscous coupler. We're not bagging on you, we're trying to help you not fuck your car up. This is free advice on how to save yourself costly repairs.

Second, we don't care if weed is legal in what state for such and such purpose. It is a gateway to be fucked with. Use it on your own time. We're a group of car enthusiasts, not attorneys. We're not here to fight the cops. The only way to not be messed with is to bring as little attention to yourself as possible. If you want to Johnny Cochron it up with cops, awesome, know your rights but please don't drag anyone else into is that doesn't want to be a part.

Third and this is why I gave you a warning. Don't start shit with any member here, especially a moderator giving you advice on your car.

We are chill guys that have deep love for our cars. If you fit that, then welcome to our club. I hope you have a blast with us. But if your thing is trying to start arguments and dissing people you don't even know yet, this isn't going to work out for you. Its your choice, man.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]