[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - DSM Newbie
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
DSM Newbie 
N00b

Post DSM Newbie
Hi guys. Im new here.

I was given a 98 GST a while back but I have only driven the car for two weeks last year before I was involved in a hit and run. I got the motivation to get the car fixed earlier this year and just my luck, i was driving it for another two weeks then the tranny gave out. Keeping my fingers crossed I've had the car out and have been driving it a little over two weeks.

The car needs a lot of work. it was neglected and left outside so the paint is fading. there used to be a lot of aftermarket items that I have been removing to "de-rice" the car. The first thing to go was the stereo system, i removed the tv/dvd player, sub woofer box, and amps. I removed the tint. There is an aftermarket cone air filter. I kept the Blitz turbo timer. The shifter needs to be replaced. The previous owner before my uncle/cousin who gave the car to me seemed to have hacked it to give it a shorter appearance so now the shift knob just floats on top of it without being able to be screwed in. The stock exhaust with dual tips has replaced the aftermarket/obnoxious HKS Drager style ehaust.

thats it..... i think.... for now.......

I got a carbon fiber hood to replace the damaged one because of the hit and run. I have yet to install the Aerocatch hood pins. I got a cheap short shift kit from DNA Racing for $25.00 but now im reluctant to install it. I dont trust the quality, might end up forking the extra $$$ for a B&M/C's/Megan short shift kit. The car came with aftermarket sideskirts, I procured a stock set from Craiglist to replace when i get the car painted. The car came with Eibach lowering springs which gives the car a 2" drop if Im not mistaken. It used to have 16" chrome concept neeper wheels. I have since temporarily replaced them with 18" Katana Racing GTM wheels until I fully decide on a set I want to keep on the car.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Post Re: DSM Newbie
Welcome! Sounds like you have yourself a project there; good luck with all the de-ricing hope you get it running.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:20 pm

WELCOME to LADSM...

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Welcome! have your wallet ready bro. theses guys have a lot of knowledge you just gotta try it and see if it works.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:41 pm
Official Photographer

welcome, good luck with your project and I wouldnt use a cheap shifter kit, either go B&M or oem, what color are your springs? red is sportlines 2 inch drop, black is the pro kits 1.6 drop I think, most go with the pro kits

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

by far ive spent the most on this car when compared to the miles ive actually driven it and theres still of work to be done = money to be spent. ive got tons of questions and im sure ill get the help i need from you guys. say what you want, i love this car. when brought up, its often an argument between the gf and i, she wants me to sell it but i wont. lol

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 pm
helmet polisher

if she keeps telling you to sell it, simple solution, get a new gf.

btw good luck and welcome.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm
DSM Regular

Totally agree with havoc lol, welcome to ladsm dude.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 am
DSM Regular

welcome to the site, hope u get ur car fixed and dont forget "when the world hands u a jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]