[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - whats up yall
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
whats up yall 
N00b

Post whats up yall
my name is Jason i am from Minnesota the cold as hell state and i am moving down to Ca here in a few weeks me and my wife are in to Dsms.My wife is in the air force active duty and that's why we are moving ... i am on a local forums called mitsustyle
where i have learned a lot over the last few years . I used to be big in to 3rd gen mullet machines aka camaros moved up to the tuner world and have and have not enjoyed a few things about our cars. i guess you can say that about any car they all have flaws and aren't perfect no matter what we do to them all that matters is we love our sport /hobby and put a lot of time and effort to make something in to a work of art for you your self and other people to enjoy

i have a talon and i am driving it to cali the has a fully built lower end thats about the major thing i have done to my car at the present time its getting tuned on Tuesday 25th

the area im looking at moving to is oxnard as you can guess she is going to be at Port Hueneme, CA for school for spv mechanic

there is a picture of our cars together but i am new so i have to figure out how to post the pictures up

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 am

Post Re: whats up yall
Welcome to LADSM.COM Thanks for making a good intro. Hope you stay active and come around to a meet when you get a chance. BTW, there is a walk through some where on the main page about how to post pictures.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:51 am
No More 2.3L

Welcome to the site. I'm actually about to do the opposite from you as I am in the Navy and just got stationed in Charleston SC so I'm leaving here on the 28th and driving my GSX out of CA. You are going to love it here.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am
Profile YIM

Welcome to CA youll like it out here. Theres a weekly meet that members from here go to, heres the info its the official LADSM meet.

10600 Firestone Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650

It usually starts at 9pm but members start showing up around 9:30. Its every monday and we park close to the starbucks parking lot. Its a chill meet and we never get bugged by the CHP or police.

Heres a link that shows you how to post a pic on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8346

Hopefully you remain a active member and theres a lot of guys here that really know there stuff.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 am
DSM Regular

Welcome, I'm not to far from you. Maybe 15-20 miles. When your in Oxnard just watch out for the cops.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome !.. Im from oxnard i live by the naval
Base , if u ever need help with that talon hit me up,.. Im Alex

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Your gonna love california's weather. Welcome hope you become a active member

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:15 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

welcome to the site and to cali, like everybody said you are gonna love it here, i just moved from VA where i was stationed at while in the navy, just got out and cali so far is great, hope to see some pics soon

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile WWW

WELCOME to LADSM...

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:13 am
Profile YIM
N00b

thank you for the warm welcome . I just got tuned / dynoed today and i made 230 awhp at 14psi with some boost leaks Im sure after i fix those ill hit 280-300 im thinking at 20-22 psi at 11:8 afr

my car did really well and surprised me i thought it would make less but it made out good Jordan at modern automotive performance got a few things fixed with my fuel curve
it was on a dynojet ill post a video here my first time on a dyno ..Ever car always seem to break right before i was suppose to go feels good to know where your car stands from being stock to built
i had a fpfrank 5 with td06H and 60-1 wheel but it kept blowing up and found i had a week oil pump/wrong one for my year block .. now im back to A

14b stock mani
850cc injectors
aem afpr
wally 255
dsmlink 2.5
wiseco hd pistons 0.30
eagle rods /acl race berrings
stock head intake and cams
maperformance 02 housing with external dump and wastegate
Meagan racing dp 3 in

dyno video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWQQ05HUIYQ

but anyways is cali going to complain about my car not having a cat if i leave my registration in mn ? up here in mn almost no one runs them ill be in cali at least 6 months or less my tabs are good till sept

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:26 am
Post Master

Nice!
Welcome to Cali and LADSM.
I live literally down the block from the base, by when will you be here?
If im correct, as long as you keep your car registered in MN then they wont harass you about getting it smogged and what not.
BTW, dont listen to people about cops here.
Ive never heard of anyone getting harassed by oxnard police, all stories.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 pm

230hp at 14psi on a 14b?!?! :shock: Is that to the wheels or did you compensate for drivetrain loss to get a hp to the engine number? What compression ratio are your pistons?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 am
N00b

yeah it was 230 awhp to the wheels my cr is 8:5:1 wiseco hd pistons

here is a video of me making a pull on the highway up here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGhLjaCLvyI

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 pm
frank the tank