[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Say Jello to da new guy
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Say Jello to da new guy 
DSM Regular

Post Say Jello to da new guy
Wat up LADSM, my name is Miguel, im 27 and i just moved to cali with my girl about 4 months ago from Newport news, VA where i was stationed at, i was in the navy for 7 years and it feels great to be a civilian again. i was Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and im dominican by nationality
i am currently attending Universal Technical Institue in Rancho cucamonga for auto tech, i own a black 98 eclipse gst which recently broke down on my way back from school, she started smoking everywhere, heard some ticking as i accelerated and eventually she gave out, shes mostly stock except for a cat back exhaust, greddy BOV and tien springs & struts.
i was sent to this web site by Black_gst, since im new to cali ive been trying to network and find as many DSM owners and tuners as i can so i can get some advice on fixing and upgrading my car while keeping her street legal but fast
i need a new suspension kit, i want to upgrade my turbo to a 16g with anything else needed in the car for that upgrade, new compressor, and some serious electrical troubleshooting
any help i can get from all ya experienced peoples would be higly appreciated, i would love to go to any of u guys meets but i go to school at night from 7 to midnight, ill be checking the site for anything on the weekends
pleasure being a new member of this site, hit me up with any suggestions
got some pics of my car at this website, feel free to check her out Image

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Say Jello to da new guy
Welcome to the site. You came to the right place. hope you stick around.

Nice intro btw.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Nyc! Harlem here, but bk is ok too.
Welcome to the site, it's a cool site to pick knowledge up, n a few occasional laughs.
I work at a place called Dickey's off of tradmark and haven, you should drop by one of these nights before school.

Irv
1990 talon tsi AWD SOLD,miss her :'(
2011 Hyundai Genesis. Project "sega" lol. SOLD.fuck you economy!
1996 Talon Tsi AWD.trying again.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 pm
No More 2.3L

Welcome to the site. Good luck with figuring out why your car smoked everywhere. And thank you for your service to the Navy. I'm an Ensign and about to head out to Nuclear Power School in February.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

thanx for the welcome, im definatly going to stay in cali for a long time, good to finally meet people, especially fellow dsm owners
what would be those most hp i can put here in cali and still pass smog and stay legal?
im a newby when it comes down to all this, but im a fast learner so keep hitting me up with some advice
thanx

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:30 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

hey whats up Miguel im glad you joined this site like i suggested. its a great local resource for parts and advice. theres even a few cool people 8)

post up in detail what happened with your car in another thread in the 2g tech forum

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:05 am
No More 2.3L

To answer you HP question. You can put a little over 300 to the wheels and stay smog legal. The cams become one of the biggest limiting factors since big cams will make you fail smog.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 am
Profile YIM

Welcome...

was a squid in SD...i always enjoy the nyc way (Queens and Flushing), whenever i go back to the Chi...

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile YIM
N00b

Welcome to the site man... I been new at this dsm thing too for a little bit now but you came to the right place!!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]