[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New to the DSM/4g63 scene
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New to the DSM/4g63 scene 
DSM Regular

Post Re: New to the DSM/4g63 scene
Well I do have a budy who lives in Utah and from what i'me told he doesn't have to smog the car, not sure how it would work though. Never tried something like that haha

98 Grand Prix GTP (L32 swapped, 286whp/368wtq) 13.8 @ 102mph -SOLD
91 Galant VR4 #852/2000. SOLD
97 Outback Legacy 5-speed... SOLD
99 Mustang GT So sue me haha

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm
Post Master

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:15 pm
Official Photographer

another member here passed smog no prob with his 300+awd hp gsx

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

That was my car. Kept a high flow cat on it and still had a recirculating BOV all my intercooler pipes were painted black. Had a place that never worried about visual to much and the car passed tail pipe no problem since they only free revved it to 3000 RPM with no turbo spool.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Was hoping for something faster than the GTP haha. Biggest problem witht he GTP was that it's obdII and for some reason they really cracked down on OBDII cats. I had headers with a 3" catted downpipe. The Cat was a 3" High flow for I think a Camaro or some crap. Numbers didn't match the smog legal cat for my car and so insta-fail. Eventually found a shop that charged $150 to smog, problem was it was such a bitch to get in seeing is a lot of shops are extremely carefull.

Now, bare with my little bit of knowledge here. Budy of mine who had a 20g, 272s, high comp pistons etc and was running a chevy van cat I think? and said he could pass no problem because of the gigantic cat and the idle was really low. Sound plausible? My main concern right now is while it looks stock, those cams I feel are going to be my downfall

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:18 am
No More 2.3L

The big cams might be a problem for making it pass the sniffer. I had stock cams in my car still and even with them I still made over 300 AWHP on 91 and ran high 12's in the quarter so a good bit faster than the time you have posted for your Pontiac.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Sounds like a sick ride. My GTP was a dog. FWD and damn near 4000lbs. The killer was it was auto. Still cringe at how slow it was for how much I dumped into it. There's a bunch of Fieros who snatch GTP motors and see 10's still supercharged.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:57 am
Post Master

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 am
DSM Regular

Nice gvr4,i think i saw you on galantvr4 forums.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2