[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New to LA and to DSM's
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
New to LA and to DSM's 
DSM Regular

Post New to LA and to DSM's
Hey, I just moved out to LA about 9 months ago and a couple months ago picked up a 96 GSX with a rebuilt engine and 200 miles. I haven't done too much to the car, just painted the stock wheels, K&N intake, and 1g blow off valve. I'm still waiting on my gauge pod to arrive to install an autometer boost gauge. Next week hopefully i'll also be getting an eibach pro kit with tokiko illuminas installed. Here's a coupe pics so far.

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Official Photographer

Post Re: New to LA and to DSM's
nice car and welcome

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Welcome to the site, it is nice to see someone who is all about doing the important small modifications first. Hope to see you at a meet some time soon.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:09 am
Profile YIM

welcome

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:17 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Hey thanks guys for the welcome. I'm still breaking in the engine, but am really enjoying the car so far. With the awd especially the car just feels so much more solid than my last boosted FF Toyota. I plan to just keep the car clean as a daily driver and eventually doing some modifications to reach around 300 whp. For the exterior I would like to get a 2gb bumper, paint the gray trim to match and go wingless, which I think looks pretty clean.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm
DSM Post Whore

Your 2ga looks sick because you have your fogs! A lot of ppl don't have them. I had a 2ga talon which I converted to a 2gb eclipse front end. I kind of had to because my bumber was pretty tore up and talon parts are kind of hard to find, especially the 2gb talon bumper. Sams car is spoiler/wingless and it looks pretty sick, its a talon but they're sort of similar. Hey but like I say, its your car and I'm sure whatever you decide to do it'll look nice!! IMO 2gb eclipse headlight are the shit!!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 am
DSM Regular

welcome to L.A. how do you like it so far???

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm
DSM Regular

Thanks, I really like LA so far, there's so much diversity and lots to do.

Here's some updated pics with the new Tokico Illuminas and Eibach pro kit.

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

I'm hoping to get my gauge pod so I can finally install my boost gauge that's been sitting here for like 3 weeks. Still figuring out what kind of exhaust I want. I'm thinking about a vibrant dual tip muffler and just getting some piping made up. I really like the stock look with the dual tips.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:01 pm
Post Master

Welcome.
That picture of downtown in the background is sick.
Nice car looks real clean. Any bay shots?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]