[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New to the DSM world
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
New to the DSM world 
DSM Regular

Post New to the DSM world
Sup guys,

My name is Chris. I used to be a big toyota guy. In the last 6 years ive had 4 Mr2's and a 89 Turbo supra. My supra just got rod knock and I decided to sell it. Just picked up a mint 92 gsx for $800 with some aftermarket parts on it including evo 8 wheels. It needs new rings. It should be up and running with a rebuilt 6 bolt in a couple weeks. Just wanted to introduce myself and say whats up. See you guys at some meets in the near future.

(Pics of my car will be up shortly)

-Chris

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Post Re: New to the DSM world
Welcome to the site. Good luck getting your new ride up and running.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome. Hope you're ready for all the DSM issues! They're cheap and fast, but since the 1g's are all approaching 20 yrs old, things really start to fall apart. Here's some good links to get you started:

http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1gupgradepath.htm
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ecltechtips.htm
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/
http://www.dsmtuners.com/sub.php?page=tech

Some great links that deal with the DSM's weakest link...the transmission:
http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/tech-articles
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clut ... eltech.htm
http://www.teamrip.com/faq.htm

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Well I pulled the motor and 2 of the pistons had broken ring lands. There's a little scoring on the cylinder walls, so time for wiseco's and .020 over. :) Should be up and running in the next couple weeks.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Good to see an Eclipse in the hands of someone who is down to do work on it.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:36 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Yea, I like speed, and this car is way easier to work on than my old 89 supra. And parts are so much cheaper. All my friends have DSM's so I guess it was just my time to migrate to the dark side haha. Im shootin' for a 450hp canyon/road race monster. Maybe rally project? Havent made up my mind yet.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

welcome to the site. Looks like you have some experience, and did some research before jumping into this. Glad to say welcome to the forum, hope to see this thing progress. Most people would be scared of the engine bay pic you posted, and honestly when I saw it, I thought "OH SHIII", but you seem confident and seems like you got it in the wraps. Electrical skills will be your specialty or acilius heel when it comes down to this car. :lol:

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Yea the engine bay pic does look scary. I have all the parts that are missing. The previous owner put them all in the trunk. It even came with a fluidyne 3 core radiator. :) Surprisingly, he kept all the nuts and bolts in a container when he took them off. once I get paid next thurs, I'll be ordering wiseco's .020'' over, mitsu tb, mitsu 4 layer mls, acl race bearings, engine gasket kit, balance shaft removal kit, arp main and rod bolts, 3g lifters, and new poly engine mounts. OnceI get all the parts in, the block is going to the machine shop to get bored, decked, hot tanked. The head was recently rebuilt so im going to just resurface it and swap lifters. Hopefully she will be ready for break in in about 2 weeks. Ill keep you guys posted as well as pics of engine build. Im excited! :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Hello welcome to the site. Nice looking 1g.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Welcome.. Looks like my 1g's twin lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:41 pm
DSM Regular

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]