[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
new here as well as new to owning an eclipse 
DSM Regular

Post Re: new here as well as new to owning an eclipse

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:59 am
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

once you do all the maintenance throw on an Evo3 16g turbo on with supporting mods up the boost and you will feel a huge change in power. If you go for a ride in one of the faster member's cars you might want to pick up a GSX for yourself after the ride

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

you are probably right. looks like the wife didnt take it this morning to work so ill go take some pictures of it

here it is just as i picked it up, i havnt cleaned it at all yet

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 am
Profile YIM

very nice find. and at an awesome price. looks pretty well taken care of.

other than the missing 1/4 window and the missing sideskirt cap on the passenger door, and the weathered top, i'm sure it'll look even nicer once it's washed.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am
Official Photographer

very nice find

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

thanks, ya when i saw it come across the auction block i instantly decided i needed it. everything looks better in a 2x2 square box on the internet though lol.

the local junkyard has the side skirt molding for the pass side, however its a puke green color so depending upon what i can get it for ill either wait or just buy it and leave it off till its time for paint.

dunno what to do about the quarter window, i spent a couple hours last night searching around looking for one with 0 results.

anyone changed one of these tops on their own? i talked to my buddy last night who just had a top replaced on a mustang and it cost him 400 bucks for labor ontop of the 400 for the top.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:31 am
Profile YIM

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:05 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:12 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

that really sucks on the clutch, makes total since what you are saying though. im assuming that the clutchs are in no way adjustable right?

i swapped the trans on a 3000gt that i was flipping for profit about a year or so ago so im assuming its a comparable job. i changed the trans and got it back on the road and within hours the slave cylinder had bleed itself dry. i just disconnected it and let it sit to the side and apparently this unseated something and it sprung a leak so i ended up changing it as well. shoulda just did it from the start but o well.

so i had a breakthrough on the wiring issue. i spent hours this morning tracing wires with the alarm, i downloaded the instruction manual on it and tore into it, underneath the dash is nothing but a rats nest of wires right now, its pretty. i actually did find 2 wires that were not connected and hooked it back up so now the alarm works beautiful but it did nothing for my lighting situation. i kept tracing wires again and again cause i had to be missing something right.... well i was right about missing something thats for sure. just for the heck of it i checked the fuses and sure enough blown fuse for the taillights. thats what i get for looking way to hard into the problem. shoulda checked the fuses first obviously but i was sure it was somehow related to the alarm the way they would blink when arming and disarming. so now all of my running lights work on the exterior however it did nothing for my interior dash and console lighting. unless it was just too bright of a day for me to tell. i will check it again once the sun goes down some.

i also installed a stereo for the wife. the car came with a stereo but no faceplate so it was worthless, go figure.

just to verify on the quarter window i tore into it just to make sure the window wasnt sitting down there at the bottom off track or something and its verified there is no window. the strange part is there is no signs of breakage, no glass inside the door and no signs of glass on the carpet. i do believe it probably has been broken for awhile though cause when i removed the console to wire up the stereo there is alot of surface rust on the metal parts underneath which obviously means moisture has been in there. i guess it could be from the car just being a convertible but i think its related to that window.

lets see what other breakthroughs did i have.... i found out the car is all wired up for xm radio, has this pioneer xm reciever box thats tucked inside the boot. theres also wiring like there was a cd changer in the car at somepoint in time. also looking further at the car its got drilled and slotted rotors on the front.

EDIT: console lights are now working as well, got dark and turned them on and it was like christmas. interesting to know that the console and dash lights use the same fuse as the taillights

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

so i found a black top, with frame, 2 good motors, heated glass for 400 shipped to the door. i dont really wanna spend that much but then again just for a top im gonna be lookin at 400 by itself and i figure with the frame included it should be very easy to install. heres some pictures of it, it came off a 97 spyder that was wrecked. whatchu guys think, deal or no deal?

i also bought a quarter window today off ebay.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:46 pm
Profile YIM
Post Master

i say its a black top. thats already cooler than your tan one. id go for it.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

agreed. his car is the same color as mine and has the same tan interior, but with alot of the black pieces thats in with the tan interior the black doesnt look weird or anything. actually i think its a pretty good looking color combination.

the tops canvas and window are brand new from what he says

if i did it im sure i could sell my current frame, motors, canvas and window for somethin to offset the cost a little

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 pm
Profile YIM

as long as the frame/ribs on the top are in good condition and not bent, then i'd say go for it. looks to be in great condition. at not too bad of a price.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 pm
DSM Regular

erix u got me to thinking with that car being in a wreck. there really is no way to know if the frame is bent or not other than taking his word on it. so im gonna pass on it. my current top is just not very good looking, has a few small tears in it but it will make it through the winter so im just gonna put that off for now. especially since im gonna be doing the clutch soon which is more important.

i got my quarter window and put it in the car last night while having a few beers. works good, one roller is broke so its not 100% perfect but it works great.

ive fixed or found the cause to all of the cars problems when i first got it. the only thing that i havnt fixed yet is the speedo, thats only because the vss i bought hasnt got here yet. i removed the vss thats currently installed and there is a ground off flat spot on the plastic gear, also the sensor itself is completely locked up and doesnt spin at all.

i dont think i told u guys why i was popping that tps code. there wasnt a idle screw in the throttle body so each time you let off the gas the butterfly didnt have a stop which caused it to be in constant different positions at idle and giving irratic readings from the tps, so i installed a screw and set the idle to 800 according to the datastream on my code reader and the code hasnt came back.

the oil pressure gauge wasnt even hooked up so i hooked it up and it works perfect.

my reverse lights dont currently work. looking at the trans there is a empty plug, im pretty sure thats the reverse light switch, the problem though is i dont see any wiring for it anywhere. is there a removeable section of wire that is not in my car?

also another question i have is on the drivers side firewall there is a solenoid with 2 vacumn lines going to it. on the electrical side of it there are 2 wires that someone put 2 wires between to jumper it to the plug. trying to figure out why it is there i disconnected the wires and tried to plug it in but the terminals face different directions. i dont know what this is all about or if it makes any since. i can take a pic of it when the wife gets here and post it. you guys can probably tell me right off what it is. im wondering if the solenoid was removed from a different car but is the same part and thats why the plugs dont match up.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next