[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
new here as well as new to owning an eclipse 
DSM Regular

Post Re: new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
Stock in CA they came 205 hp. But with about 216 TQ

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile YIM

i'd have to agree with Gus (clockworktoy) when he says to take care of any and all maintenance first before you start modifying it. it'll save you hassle later.

if you can swing by one of our monday meets, i'm sure a few of our members would be able to give you a quick joy-ride (emphasis on the 'joy') so you can see some of the potential that these cars have. :wink:

www.vfaq.com will be one of your best friends in the future. haha.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm

you destroyed my lug nut key. i dont need a new lug nut key, i need the lug nut.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Official Photographer

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Welcome to the forum! Youll have alot of fun with the eclipse!

Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:12 pm
Post Master

YO! MAN Glad you chose to sign up. i am one of the people that suggested you check the site out.
so welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay

also i dont know if you remember but i saw your add on craigslist for this truck
so i have talked to you even before i talked to you about the eclipse you are now selling. aint that some funny shit.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:25 pm
Profile YIM

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm
DSM Regular

hey welcome to the site ccongrats on the gst . hope to see some pics soon.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:58 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

well i got her home finally, i stopped by a buddys house and shot the shit for a few hours

she has a few problems but all in all really not bad and im satisfied with it. its got a strut tower brace on the front and a cold air intake other than that shes stock. drasticly low on power for my taste though. vast improvement over the gs model that im parting out but still compared to a few of my other toys she needs some more power, but what doesnt right...

im in love with how it handles, car feels very solid even with it being a vert.

too late to take pictures tonight but i will for sure tomorrow.

heres a few of my problems, the quarter window behind the drivers door is gone, so im gonna need to find one soon. does anyone know if i can get one from safelite or is this gonna be a junkyard only find? also what kind of cost should i expect for it?

the top has seen better days, few rips here and there, i dont see why it wont make it through the winter though so ill prolly just put this off till next year

the clutch pedal when i push it in goes in fine with ease all the way till about an inch off the floor, well when i shift gears it wants to slightly grind, so i figured id force the pedal to the floor to see what happens and it shifts beautifully. ive never seen that before on any car so thats a new one to me, anyone experience this or know what could be causing it? pedal goes in nice and smooth and then about an inch or so from the floor its about 3 times harder.

this one im pretty sure i have an idea of what the cause is but i still gotta figure it out. the headlights come on and work fine however the running lights on the rear as well as the sides do not work. the car has an alarm on it though and im pretty sure its a wiring problem with it. the reason i think that is because when i arm or disarm it the lights work just fine. same thing with all of the dash and console lighting, doesnt work but it works when arming and disarming, strange.

speedometer doesnt work and neither does the oil pressure gauge.

thats all that ive found so far, nothing too bad other than that wiring issue, i hate troubleshooting wiring, if i can 100% pinpoint the alarm being the root of the problem ill probably just remove it.

i guess i should mention that i have a wholesale dealers license and i bought this car from a dealers auction at manheim in fontana last week online which is why i didnt know about the stuff listed above but for 1,355 bucks i cant complain

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Last edited by whatthefover on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:56 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next