[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
new here as well as new to owning an eclipse 
DSM Regular

Post new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
my name is cody, i just actually bought my first eclipse about 3 weeks ago for my wife as a commuter car. last week i actually found a gst for a smokin deal so i bought it and pick it up tomorrow. ive decided to part out my first one and posted it on craigslist and in less than a day of having it posted 2 people have told me i needed to check out this site so here i am.

im currently an umemployed jet engine mechanic so if anyone out there knows of any jobs im all ears. i spent 5 years in the marines working on f18's and 2.5 years working on the osprey here at edwards afb. now im a stay at home dad and i feel like going postal at the end of most days.

im lazy, im pretty fat, my wife doesnt like me and i drink too much :partyman:

lookin forward to getting the gst tomorrow and tearin into it, im sure this site will come in very handy as i definately need some schooling

heres a few of my toys, some i no longer have, some i still do...

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
welcome to the site, you sure have alot of experience behind your belt. i'm sure you'll enjoy that DSM you recently bought once you see the potential it has, but compared to the toys you've been playin around with, the DSM might be somewhat different to what you're used to already.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:20 am
DSM Regular

lol, i dont claim to be the best mechanic in the world but i sure do know my way around a tool box :mrgreen:

im actually really looking forward to the new experience cause again i dont know anything about them. i find them to be pretty impressive though to be honest. my green foxbody pictured above had 225hp stock from the factory, mass air 302. but yet this gst that i just bought has 205hp?? as a turbo charged 4 banger from the factory.

the eclipse is gonna be for my wife, ive gotta get the thoughts and ideas out of her head on wanting to drive the stang. as far as imports go ive always really loved the looks of the eclipse and she does as well. id like to get it up and around 275-300hp at the crank and i think her and i both will be more than satisfied with it.

heres a video of this engine in my avatar that i just built for the mustang. just a complete guess but im thinking its somewhere around 500-550 at the crank right now. ive got nitrous on it to but the engine doesnt have but about 150 miles on it so im not willing to shoot it yet.

also keep in mind this video is with a stock tune a9l computer (nothing special 302 comp)

breakdown of the car is...

1991 gt foxbody, came from the factory as a mass air 302 and an automatic. went through 4 transmissions within the first 6 months of owning the car so then i had a beefed up "racing" transmission built for it from the local performance tranny shop, with that trans and some common bolt ons i was putting down 13.7's in the quarter on street tires and on the rev limiter before the end of the track. so i got tired of that setup and went with this...

1974 351 block .60 over
3.85 stroker crank
5.96 "football" rods
kieth black forged 28cc pistons
xfi236 cam .579 lift
1.6 scorpion rockers
afr 205 heads 58cc, 9.5 is my final compression
edelbrock victor efi intake
42lb injectors
75mm throttle body
76mm mass air meter

converted it over from an automatic to a 5 speed and installed a tremec 3550
eibach drag springs on all corners, removed 1 coil from the fronts to drop it about an inch
adjustable upper and lower tubular control arms in the rear
spec stage 3 clutch
svo 73mm brake calipers in the front
drilled and slotted rotors
installed 4.10 gears, going to go down to 3.73s though in the near future
crane hi-6 ignition box and lx-92 coil

who knows probably a couple million other things that are currently slipping my mind but she really needs a tune since the total cubes is now 399, 97 more than the stock computer is programmed for and the injectors are 42's inwhich the stock injectors were 19's

anyways enough blabbering, here is the video

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o203 ... V00014.flv

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:15 am
Profile YIM

Welcome!! That's a sexy looking Jeep you got there. Thumps up!!

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:41 am
DSM Regular

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 am
Profile YIM
Squish Face

welcome to the board, these cars can be fun or a real pain. But it llooks like u have enough prior experience to deal with a gst.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

thanks for the welcome everyone!

ya i was kinda disappointed in the gs model that i currently have but im really looking forward to the gst. i pick it up this afternoon and am chompin at the bit to see what shes got.

id like to get her in the neighborhood of 275-300 at the crank, i was actually just looking at your profile and was looking at the upgrades that you have done with yours, looks like you could help me out alot to reach my goal. what would you say yours is putting out or do you have any dyno results?

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 am
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

welcome

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:50 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

i completely agree that rwhp is more important than crank but this car will be for the wife so im not looking for anything crazy, i think 275-300 crank will be perfect for her but then again i dont know what that much power in one of these feels like so rwhp in the same number range might be more what im after, no idea yet. ill have more of an idea this afternoon once im behind the wheel.

97 gst spyder has 205 hp from the factory right?

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 am
Profile YIM
Squish Face

210bhp in the 90's whenthey came out haha. Anything in the 300whp range on a fwd a gonna have traction problems so keep that in mind.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

well im off to go get the new toy, ill post some pictures once i get back so you guys can tell me what you think...

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:56 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Welcome, good luck with picking it up.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome. I also have a GS. The 420a might not be the preferred choice around here but w/ money even the 420a can be fast. Hope you enjoy the stay and good luck with the GST

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next