[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
new here as well as new to owning an eclipse 

Post Re: new here as well as new to owning an eclipse
I'm only giving you this link one more time!!! :rolleyes:
http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/

I'm not familiar w/ the orientation of the solenoids on the 2g, but the above link should help you.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

u freakin rule! :mrgreen:

its the fuel pressure control solenoid...

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 pm
Profile YIM

A lot of people eliminate the FP solenoid b/c it's not really needed. Bit of info for you since you're a noob to turbos. With turbo cars, the fuel pressure regulator has a boost source going that pushes on a diaphragm while on boost to reduce the flow from the fuel rail back through the return line to the gas tank. This raises the fuel pressure as boost goes up. Also, at idle/cruise/decel, vacuum pulls on the diaphragm which lowers the fuel pressure. The solenoid is designed to block boost source going to the regulator under certain conditions (I forget...either hot starts or cold starts when it's really cold outside) which prevents vacuum from reducing the fuel pressure, and the car will have more fuel pressure until the car warms up. The downside to all this is, if the solenoid fails in the closed position, it can block the boost that's going to the regulator so your fuel pressure doesn't go up with boost and all of a sudden you go way lean while at WOT and full boost! That = KABOOM! So a lot of guys bypass the solenoid with the vacuum lines for safety, but *typically* they leave it connected to the ECU to prevent a check engine light. The mis-matched plug might go to another solenoid that was removed like the EGR temp solenoid if it is a CA car.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

seriously man u are like an encyclopedia!

ya i was reading about it on that link you sent me again last night for the 3rd time lol and it does its thing for hot starts.

so to bypass this i loop the vacumn lines? the plug itself, if im reading you right just leave it connected correct? i totally forgot to take a pic of it last night so when the wife gets home tonight ill take a picture of it for sure. looks just like the one in the picture however the plugs just dont match up.

my nitrous system works the same way on my mustang as far as raising the fuel pressure goes. also has the return fuel line to the tank for excess pressure.

last night i also read up on wastegates so now i understand how a boost controller works. i also read that the stock blow off valves are completely worthless and waste alot of boost since they leak. the site i was on said no questions asked it should be the very first modification because its pointless to add boost if u cant retain the boost that you already have.

2004 6.0 excursion, 8in lift, 38's, edge platinum juice with attitude, (425hp, 870ftlbs torque)

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:04 am
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

I great upgrade is a 1gen Blow off Valve they can be had for about 20 bucks.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 am
Profile WWW

If you get a greddy bov I have a adapter that bolts straight up no problem. Slips right into the stock bov location and you put the bov ontop and bolt it down you can have the adapter if you get the bov

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am
DSM Regular

i did read that the stock 1g was a very good bov. what is needed to run this one? or is it a direct swap?

there is a turbox bov on craigslist not too far from me, i sent him a text and its still available but says i need the flange. is this the same flange that you are refering to 95awd-gst?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/pt ... 17508.html

the seller says a bov isnt something thats needed, it just makes the car sound better lol

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:14 am
Profile YIM

I have the greedy flange and that guy is. Dumbass you do need a bov to relieve pressure after the throttle plate close shut of not you get compressor surge which is bad for the turbo

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 am
DSM Regular

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 am
Profile WWW

I recommend a 1g BOV. sleeper, works, isn't loud, and cheap. You'll need to buy an adapter. My crushed 1g BOV holds 25psi.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm
Profile YIM

DSM 101: :)

You don't want to dump into atmosphere when using a stock MAF, b/c you're releasing metered air that the ECU expects to be recirculated back into the system. Your MAF reading ends up being off, and it can mess up your idle. Recirculate it until you get a blowthrough setup or speed density setup that eliminates the factory MAF.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

if you wanna get a 1g bov, i got one for sale. but you might needa get the flange for it possibly at RRE or something.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:21 pm
DSM Regular

yes id be interested, how much do u want for it? im almost positive my stock one is leaking.

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile YIM

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4