[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - need some electrical help (headlights)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
need some electrical help (headlights) 
DSM Regular

Post need some electrical help (headlights)
Hows everybody? Havent posted here in awhile, been busy. But anyways. Heres the deal. (its gonna be long)

My left HID kit blew out. I was driving home and i noticed that my left lights werent working so as I was gassing up, I popped the hood and noticed that the wiring was very hot compared to the right side. I drove home and I was almost home and for some reason I turned on my Hi beams and and in a couple of seconds noticed my left turn signal turned on with out me turning it on. a couple of seconds and I pull on my drive way, I noticed that it was smoking inside so instantly turned off everything. I then noticed that my parking lights wouldnt turn off even tho the switch was off. I also noticed that when ever I turn on my headlights, my radiator fan turns on. also noticed that when I turned on my AC my right turn signal turns stays on. Also noticed that if i turn on my right turn signal, my right HID blinks with the signal as well. I checked the fuses in the engine bay and all seemed fine. I also checked the ones inside by the left foot and noticed that the turn signal fuse poped so i changed it but nothing changed, I also took my left HID and replaced it with regular halogens and still no light.

My little theory is that the smoke was coming from the burn rubber insulator from the wires somewhere and now the actual wires are exposed and are touching each other thats why different things are happening. Ima try to fallow the headlight wires and see if thats the case. Will taking the fenders off expose the wires or is it inside the engine bay somewhere? Do you guys have an idea of whats going so i know what to expect? because its a hassle taking off and on the tail light fuse when driving at night and plus I only have one light.

told you it was long. thanks in advance

BTW its a kit from sharpHID

culiced is pronounced as "cool iced"

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Post Re: need some electrical help (headlights)
Well I'm not much of an electrical guru but yes follow the wires and see were the problem is. Then after you fix your issue buy the kit to have the hids fire up straight from the baterry. If I remember correctly I kno if you install hids yoy have to switch some wires I don't know which ones but will find out for you. Oh yeah do you have a 1g or a 2g.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 pm
DSM Regular

i have a 2g.. unfortunaely i didnt buy the harness thinking that i didnt need it.. guess i was wrong. ima try to look at it these past couple of days. i think your talking about the ballast wire to the bulb. and you have to switch it out in order for it to work.. is that what your talking about? its in sharphid.com. ima fallow the wires in the next couple of days..

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 pm
DSM Regular

so i took out the front bumber and the driver side fender and BAM i could see the burnt wires. It was the ground wire that burned up and ended up burning 4 other wires with it causeing all the problems and were all touaching each other. both my headlight wroks, the radiator fan doesnt turn on once i turn on the headlights, my turn signal works properly. but the only problem is the parking lights still doesnt turn off. i still have to take out the fuse every time. i can still see some burn wire inside teh cabin by the left foot with teh fuses are.. its going to be hard because there is no room to work on anything..

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 pm
Squish Face

Wow ian that blows, never knew an HID kit could do so much damage. Good luck with the rest of the wiring that might be damaged.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am
Profile WWW

Well dude I hope this helps and it shows what I was talking about the polarity. Yeah I forgot to put that in there if it was working right you dont need to switch the wires.

http://www.sharphid.com/installation/2gdsminstall.pdf

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:19 pm
DSM Regular

yea i already did the polarity thing a year ago when i installed the lights. thanks tho. i found the parking light wire and it burned all teh way to the turn signal switch by the steering wheel. damit. so i just basically bypassed teh trigger and made another swtich to turn on and off the lights on a separate switch because there's way too many things under the dash and cant get my hands down there and i dont want to take the dash out. so i kinda fixed the whole thing. just gotta remeber to turn on teh lights at night. just need to put everything back together now

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 pm
DSM Regular

and yes the battery harness is on its way along with my new ballast.. gotta love lifetime warranty!!

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]