[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - lets identify the sound shall we????
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
lets identify the sound shall we???? 

Is it a spun bearing and how bad is it In your opinion
not a spun bearing 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
spun bearing needs attention to prevent further damages 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
spun bearing still a bit of hope 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
spun bearing beyond repair your shit out of luck 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

lets identify the sound shall we???? 
DSM Regular

Post lets identify the sound shall we????
alright so i have looked around and based on everything everyone has told me its a spun bearing. im just looking to confirm what it most likely is. by the way ive looked at my pan and nothing :? i don't know where to go from here...i will be taking the car in as soon as i can take the car to a muffler shop to get the exhaust properly fastened (thanks for the exhaust elias) but am worried that the car will be further damaged with a few more miles let me know what you think and just for shits and giggles vote on the poll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OstbWrndYAI

ps i just noticed i can be heard clearing my throat lol

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: lets identify the sound shall we????
Soudns like a spun bearing to me. Welcome to the club. 6 bolt time. It'll be fun.

Btw, you said you looked at your oil pan, but did you actually take it off? If not, I would do that first to confirm it. Taking the car to a Muffler shop to fix the exhaust would be the least of my worries

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 pm
DSM Regular

Yeah that's the weird thing I did and nothing in the oil pan and imma wait on the 6bolt till either the new rebuilt gets messed up out of warranty or if they tell me the damage is not withing warranty and if that's the case I'm shit out of luck cuz I don't have cash for that right now

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

It's under warranty? than take it back to who ever built your motor.

While the oil pan was off did you take a flash light and look at the connecting rods? To make sure they were okay

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm

awdmonster has a 6 bolt almost complete 6 bolt swap haha tensioner all that he was asking 400 buxs for it.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 pm
Quagmire

exhaust leak

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 pm
DSM Regular

Would an exhaust leak quiet down when spark plug wires are pulled though?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

shitty cam mic, shitty comp speakers. But sounds like rod knock through the internet to me. Can you Isolate which one it is by pulling the plug wires out one at a time. Then when you isolate it, Drop the pan (again) and take the rod cap off and the lower half of the bearing and check it out. Take pics and post it.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:37 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

just got back from getting a manifold gasket since the shop told me that its an exhaust leak and they want me to change the manifold gasket.would pulling the wire quiet an exhaust leak? it makes since since there is no pressure but idk

update: i just took out my heatshield and guess what????? the gasket is burnt through lol even the side of my head and manifold are burn from the exhaust gases lol well time to disassemble and put in a new gasket to see if it disappears

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

got it! it was a drum roll please.........exhaust leak! :partyman: done

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

F&%$ YEAH!! I called it!!!! You owe me a beer or someting.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]