[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Compressor surge
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Compressor surge 

Post Compressor surge
I installed my 1g BOV yeah my mom had it in the trash she trew everything in the trash from my car so yeah. I installed the BOV but I keep getting compressor surge so wtf. I did recirculate the BOV I hooked the nipple up to the stock hose but nothing. Can this be caused because the hose is bent like 90 degrees at the nipple. I have a automatic so to hear it I gassed it and let out the throttle and then you hear the surge. How can this be fixed or is anyone down to help me out tomorrow. I was like OH sounds clean bu then I notice nope compressor surge thats it.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:06 pm
Squish Face

Post Re: Compressor surge
[quote="95AWD-GST"]Can this be caused because the hose is bent like 90 degrees at the nipple. [\quote]
Duh? if the nipple is pinked not enough air pressure is reaching the bov to keep it closed OR in your case not enough vaccum is being used to open it properly. Fix it OR get a better bov.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:30 pm
Profile WWW

hhhhmmmm Yeah your right but I dont know if there is enough boost to open the BOV. I dont know what im boosting since I dont have a boost gauge. I have the stock turbo stock psi so I will fix the hose and see what happens. I got my flange made for free at a muffler shop and now this happens hehe.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:35 pm
Squish Face

9psi will open that bov, shit 4psi might be enough to somewhat operate the bov.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

Oh alright then cool yeah since I dont know shit about the 1g BOV. I hope this does do it and fixes the problem. Can you also get compressor surge if you go wide open throttle at low rpms or your at partial throttle I reading about it and it said closing the throttle plate to quickly can cause surge.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 am

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:19 am

WTF I do know about them I even know how to adjust the BOV. I am probably the only noob that does his own timing. Anyways the hose thing didnt work I am still getting surge so wassup with that. Is it because the BOV doesnt work or something.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm
Goderator

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm
Talon of Doom

what did you use to seal the bov on? RTV silicon or the actual gasket? IF you used RTV, make sure you didnt plug the hole on the bottom of the BOV . There's a small 1/16" hole on the bottom of the BOV near where the gasket goes, if that gets plugged the BOV wont open.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
McFly

Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Christ you know what I meant I know stock BOV are not adjustable I was talking about the greddy ones anyways. Yeah I used the RTV gasket maker thing. I did cover that whole im guessing thats the problem I will get back to you guys right now. I will use the plastic one for right until I get the gasket. That BOV is really hard to push open. The plastic one opens with ease.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Well I think this BOV is done there is rtv inside that little hole Sam was talking about all the way inside can that be taken out or no. I should have just waited for the gasket.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Goderator

I think I have a spare 1g BOV.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:22 am
Talon of Doom

take a drill bit that size, and BY HAND use it to clean out the RTV, don't get aggressive with it, like your face-fucking a slut or something and shes all like "og og og og og *choke*". Act like its her first time and you actually care.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:04 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next