[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Tried to install my o2 housing.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Tried to install my o2 housing. 
DSM Post Whore

Post Tried to install my o2 housing.
Well, I didn't try installing it, I tried removing the stock one yesterday and lets just say I had better experiences working on my car. The first bolt that I was removing, I used a breaker bar on a 14mm 3/8 drive and the bolt loosened! I was like...wow...that was easy, and the next thing you know it.....SNAP. The bolt broke. DAMN IT! Well, I decided, the other 3 were more important. I tried the next one and it was backing out and all of a sudden it wouldn't budge. After tapping on the wrench and trying to break it free from its grudge, I gave up. I don't want to break another bolt, so if anyone knows of a place that can remove this POS stock o2 housing and the broken bolts, let me know, because I willingly will pay a reasonable price to get it done.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 am
Squish Face

Post Re: Tried to install my o2 housing.
Pull the whole turbo out, then remove the hot side and take it to a machine shop. They should be able to get those broken bolts out easy. Don't forget to buy new bolts/gaskets afterwards.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Hey mike if you dont care, im willing to help you out be here early morning one day so we can get the turbo out and wat not...Dont use wd40 there this other lube called PB i think yellow top on can i have some it removes bolt for you almost lol, thats how good it loosen them up.. LMK if you want me to help i got u.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:54 pm
DSM Post Whore

Yeah, lol, I'll friggin break the manifold bolts too while Im at it. This shiz nitz is gay. But yeah, I was looking for my pb blaster can last night and couldn't find it. As far as knowing how to take the POS 02 housing off, Its only 4 bolts.....but they seem to be melted in because its almost 20 years old. But anyways, I might be taking the turbo out route. When I remove the hot side, don't I need a pair of needle nose pliers to get the clamp off?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

PB Blaster FTMFW. Best EVAR. Let it soak overnight.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:54 pm
Site Admin

you can also try (if you feel daring) to remove them when nice and hot like after getting off the freeway.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Post Whore

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 am
Profile WWW

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 am

if u guys are gonna draw stuff like that on people's faces, at least dont do it half assed.

haha everyone has their moments.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:34 am
Site Admin

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]