[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Clutch problems?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Clutch problems? 
Goderator

Post Re: Clutch problems?
Fluid doesn't have anything to do with positioning the fork. It's like a teetotter with the pressure plate pushing it towards the motor. The clutch rod pushes outwards against the fork lifting the pressure plate up. If you unbolt the slave and can push the fork left to right by hand in either direction, tranny will almost definitely have to be removed and inspected inside.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 pm
DSM Regular

so let me get this sraight, with no pressure, or with the slave cylinder removed there should be no play in the fork left to right?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:13 pm
Goderator

You shouldn't be able to move the fork in the same direction that the clutch rod would by hand. You're not strong enough to lift a pressure plate with the small amount of torque. If you can't, the pressure plate isn't putting any pressure on the fork.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:46 am
Talon of Doom

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clut ... eltech.htm

If you read through the internets, you'd find the info out there. If you read the stickied topic I posted about what to do before posting, you would of come across this. Simple way to tell if fork/ball is worn.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

ok so incase anyone was wondering i believe i got the problem fixed and it happend to be the master cylinder, but now the new starter i got is making a crazy winding noise. I believe the wheel is not retracting so i am going to install the old one to see if it still makes that noise. Thanks for the help guys!

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:30 am
DSM Regular

nevermind its still not working i am officially at a loss. the mastercylinder did help for the pedal sticking but still a have to put way to much pressure on the pedal to disengage the clutch. I replaced the master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch lines, made sure everything was torqued to specs and the fork seems to be good. so if anyone has experiance with these and knows their shit i will pay someone to get it working rite for me because i am tired of trying(axel on axel off, trans up trans down). i just want to cruise in it already!! And if no one wants to i am going to resort to taking it to a shop.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:11 pm
DSM Regular

You could always bring it here, and I'd be more then willing to help :)

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:26 pm
DSM Regular

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:20 pm
Talon of Doom

what do you mean the for "looks" ok. It's either perfect or not.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:37 pm
Talon of Doom

If the flywheel step height is too short then yes. But that only happens from a bad resurface in the first place. Wear and tear will only make the step height taller.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

i believe the flywheel was from you guys at rre (from what i was told buy the previous owner) so that is probably good, so any other thoughts? Is it possible the clutch line from the master to the little resevoir before the slave is to long? the reason i ask is i got a braided steel line and it has an extra seven inches or so in slack.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:51 pm
Squish Face

If the line is longer it just takes more fluid to work, thats the way hydraulic systems work. Can you get a picture of the fork? Also what kind of clutch are you using?

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next