[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Clutch problems?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Clutch problems? 
DSM Regular

Post Clutch problems?
so i just finished my auto to manual conversion and replaced the clutch disc, pressure plate, t/o bearing, slave cylinder and of course bled the system and my pedal still feels like there is no resistance untill the last inch or so of travel, and also just does not feel how a clutch pedal should feel and the only thing i can come up with is maybe the master cylinder, but, it was working just fine on the car it was previously installed on.. I am stumped any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:47 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: Clutch problems?
Did you try adjusting the clutch?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:33 pm
DSM Regular

to tell you the truth i dont know much about clutches etc.. are you talking about the pedal or the actual clutch itself? i tried to adjust the pedal already but didnt seem to help at all.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 am
Site Admin

To me it sounds like you need to bleed your system again

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 am
Goderator

Did you change the fork and ball on it? Did you adjust the bolt under the clutch pedal to give it more tension? Did you bleed the system and top it off? 95% chance that it's one of those three unless you didn't tighten down your pressure plate or your tranny is gaping off the motor.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 am
DSM Regular

We did bleed it properly, we bled it the same way I bled mine, and mine works great.

I thought for sure it would have been the slave cylinder since the arm had fallen out, and the boot was torn, but he bought a new one and still the same thing.

I'm not sure if he replced the fork and ball but I don't believe so. He did say that he torqued all the pressure plate bolts down, so I down think its that.

What do you mean by tranny gapping off the motor?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am
DSM Regular

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 am
DSM Regular

If that's what he meant then no, that's not it cause I made sure they were tightened all the way.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:33 am
Goderator

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 am
DSM Regular

Ok will do. Here's a question though.

Is the fork suppsed to have play in it, I was under the impression that the fork should be tight against the slave cylinder arm. On his there is play back and forth.

Were gonna go and bleed it again after work, just to be sure, and if that's not it, he said he's gonna buy a slave cylinder.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:44 am
Goderator

There shouldn't be play when moving it away from the engine in the direction that the rod pushes. If there is, you probably assembled the clutch wrong.

Is the fork at a 90 degree angle and you can push the fork by hand?

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 am
DSM Regular

If I remember correctly then yes, but were gonna double check today. I think were gonna pull the tranny to make sure everything was assembled properly.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm
Goderator

I'd be leaning towards a worn fork. You understand the mechanics involved on how a clutch engages and disengages right? You just gotta track down what is causing the fork to not be tensioned enough whether it's pivotal area is worn, the plate isn't torqued down properly and so on.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 pm
DSM Regular

I completely understand the mechanics of clutch systems, I learned on my acura tl when I did a auto to manual swap. There's no better teacher then experience.

I thought it was weird that there was so much play, but I figured it hadn't been bled yet, and after bleeding the slave cylinder would cause pressure on the release fork and hold it in place.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm
DSM Regular

I had the same problems and ended having to replace my fork etc. So if you bleed it properly id say replace the fork and what not.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next