[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - What modification did you hate doing the most?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
What modification did you hate doing the most? 

Post What modification did you hate doing the most?
Just like the title says, I want to start a thread about what modification that you have done to your car that you hated doing. And possibly if you know of any tips, dish those out too to help others maybe doing the same modification. Let's begin:

I am currently redoing various parts of my shifter setup. I just did the sybrowski shift kit and that was easy as pie. Replaced my megan with a real B&M shifter, I could have got a 2nd grader to do it. And also, I started doing the skateboard bearing modification to the shifter linkage. This is where it all went bad. In the middle of doing the first one, the 5 tiny TIG welds holding the 2 bearings together decided to give. Leaving 1 jammed in the linkage loop and the other falling to the floor. I had a "big ass C-clamp" to push them in straight and everything. Same thing happened to the second one. I actually got the second one finished because it was easier to fit the clamp in there to just squish the other bearing into place, but the first one I started is still not done.

I hate doing the shifter cable bearing mod!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Post Re: What modification did you hate doing the most?
Hate doing a clutch swap and then finding out the fork/ball are worn and need to be replaced. I hate that ALMOST as much as undoing the bracket holding the intake manifold to the block. That and jammed axles in the transmission.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:38 am
Profile WWW

1g clutch pedal assembly removal. *shudder*

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Goderator

2g RS to GS conversion. Even worse when you have no motive other than "because I already started it."

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:44 am
No More 2.3L

I hate removing motor mounts and bushings. Those fucking things never want to come loose.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:27 am
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Tranny!!! It just plain sucks!

I'm fearing the day my motors for the top stop working.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm

LOL, looks like consensus is transmissions in general. That's why I say hello Mr. Jack and a Mr. Chai :wink:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

culiced is pronounced as "cool iced"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:24 am
BANNED 4 LIFE!

I hate havving to change the driveshaft carrier bearings. :x

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

CLUTCH!!! I hate doing the clutch on this car. In fact, I may pay someone else to do it next time it needs to be done.

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:47 am

Eclipse RS Rear Drum-to-Disc Conversion

=[

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 am
DSM Regular

Axles, Axles, Axles.
I hate doing axles, I love swapping motors and doing big projects like auto to manual swaps, but the part I dread the most is the axles.

I wish there was an easier way to remove them, like 4 bolts holding the axle together so you don't have to remove all the suspension and deal with spinning ball joints and all kinds of goodies that comealong with axles :)

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:12 pm
Goderator

Only thing hard about axles are replacing the boots on them. Definitely not worth it, just get new ones.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next