[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - I need to borrow something please
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
I need to borrow something please 
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: I need to borrow something please
See if he has a tcm at the junkyard and try that

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Alright well its settled my auto tranny is messed up they are chargin me 800 buxs to rebuild new and labor as well. 1 year warranty and 20k miles. Instead I will just be going manual and go from there I will make a thread on the sale forum or WTB forum so if anyone reads this if you have something for sale that manual let me know. Oh yeah every single piece in a manual eclipse awd are the same right except for the tranny and transfer case. Just one last thing are the shift cables, pedal assembly clucth all that the same. even for some tranny that says 21 22 23 spindle. Can someone just tell get this year tranny and this spindle and call it a day. The massacre begins tomorrow everything will go off auto wise and I will sell some stuff to get some money back.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:10 pm

I forgot to ask if the manual assembly are the same in the GSX and GS-T please let me know. I myself will do some research as well.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Goderator

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Yeah I figured that much I found soemone who is parting there awd talon and I managed to get the tranny and matching transfer case. for 200 hundreds cheap I know. I told him if the tranny is good he said I told him what if it grinds or it doens work he told me bring it back and get another hhhmmm. So my main question is this do the gs-t and gsx have the same manual components such clables master slave fork throwoutbearing all that if yes I can start buying parts. The hydralic lines im buying from the dealership and maybe the master cylinder as well. So can someone answer me this im still doing research oh yeah the guy im buying parts from has 3 1g eclipse gsx so if anyone needs anything let me know and I will ask him.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:02 pm
Goderator

The only differences between AWD and FWD trannys that I can think of off the top of my head are the actual tranny itself, flywheel and starter.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:07 pm

hhhmm Well tomorrow i will see if I can just find a donor car like a gsx I did find one but its missing pieces so F that. If I do find a donor car in a junkyard i will just buy all the pieces except master and lines. I keep reading this and memorizing it until all i can think of is 5 speed hahaha. This is the link im using for the swap http://www.4g63turbo.com/tech/eclipse-5speed-swap.html
my friend is bring the tranny jack jackstands he has all the big tools I just have basics tools. Sears on sale craftsman tools yyyeeaaahhhh lol. Well I will let you guys know how it goes and hope eveything goes well. If you guys find something please let me know even tho I havent met you guys give a fellow dsmer a hand haha.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

You will also need axles from a manual and rear diff from a manual

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:16 am

The axles I scored all of them for 500 buxs I say damn good deal. When I did the research I keep seeing people saying gsx have the same rear diff auto or manual can anyone correct me on this one. So far I know the following and this is what I know im a noob so if something below this message is wrong dont yell at me just tell me what is wrong thanks. Thou shalt not flame thee haha this is something also what about the driveshaft is the auto and manual the same.

GSX and GS-T have the same shifter, pedal and brake assembly master cylinder,slave.
I will need manual axles
manual tranny with matching transfer case
I will buy the line from RRE
Will need 6 bolt flywheel jk 7 bolt flywheel lol
mounts
clutch assembly pressure plate

so basically I will need everything on my auto eclipse to be manual haha I will sell these parts so if you will need any of them let me know.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 am
Quagmire

good luck with the swap, but it's getting annoying reading your posts with all the "hahaha's"
and all the fluff. get to the point.
looks like you have everything covered. you are gonna have to cut into your firewall if you're planning on using the mitsu master cylinder. i know there's kits out there that place the MC in other locations, ie underneath the car, hot rodders do it all the time.
i dont remember if this was brought up, but is the rear diff gear ratios the same in autos and manny 2Gs?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

Alright I will stop the hahaha's my point is Im doing this myself I need info I got everything covered but since the manual diff is so cheap I will just buy it anyways to be on the safe side. I read a couple of my post and I did not know I said that alot thanks for the heads up.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:21 pm

The gearing in the rear dif is different between auto and manual so you will need a manual rear dif

There's a vfaq that has the info on all the gearing

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Alright thats something out of the way now thanks what about the driveshaft can I use the same one or naw.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I think all the drive shafts sare the same

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next