[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - trying to get 500-550 with room to grow
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
trying to get 500-550 with room to grow 
DSM Regular

Post trying to get 500-550 with room to grow
OK i just got my tax return and Ive been wanting to upgrade my 97 gsx. OK and here is where i get lost with stroker kits, should i go with the .88 or .94 or the 100mm crank . With ether Eagle, Manley rods and Wiseco or Ross pistons. oh and the crank that im getting will be eagle but just need to know the best size for my power goals. I will be running either a fp20g street/strip or an PTE 60-1 with Stage 3 Turbine all powered by dsmlink. If there is any thing i forgot to say please fill free to let me know what else i will be needing or if any better stroker combo or piston rod combos out there.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 am
Quagmire

Post Re: trying to get 500-550 with room to grow
1. how big of a stroker do you want? that will answer what size crank you need.

2. have you made 300 hp? reason why I'm asking is if you havent put down 300 how are you gonna put down 500?

3. 20G wont get you into the 500's. 60-1 can get you to the high 400's low 500's if TUNED correctly.

4. Not to sound like a D*&K WAD, but you need to know how to make 300-350 Hp and move on from there.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:50 am
Squish Face

if you do end up getting a 60-1 then the POS stage 3 wheels will not get you to the 500whp mark. And i agree with jerry, go slow and learn as you go. One more thing you forgot to mention is what kind of fuel your going to be running because if you say pump gas alone then good luck.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

If you consult the dyno day page, you'll see where most of us sit. Some of us have fully built motors pushing 20-24psi on 91 octane. Pump gas alone just wont cut it. 300-350 hp is where you will sit on most 91 octane setups You will be limited by knock. 91 octane just doesn't have what you need to make 500hp. 380 ish hp is tops for 91 on a well built, well tooned setup for and thats what my next turbo will be doing for me. Hoping its going to be on just pump, but I might need to aid of meth. With C16 you can get the most out of it, but for $100+ for 5 gallons, its expensive. Just giving you a reality check. Most motors that make 500+ dont do it for long. And aside from that that trannys wont take it for long either. Not trying to shoot down your dreams and goal, just from my experience no one will do 500 on pump gas alone. Not even built evo9 on GT3076's. They will only cut 360-390hp on pump. E85 will take em into the 500+ range on the same turbo and motor, just that fuel has a higher resistance to knock, actually it doesn't at all, shit just goes boom.

Parts, stroker, turbo alone wont get you there. Do some research on engine managment, get your hands dirty in tuning, and you will see why I say its not going to happen. I've got a ton of experience, and cars don't make 500hp on pump. And even on race gas, it wont do it for long. Also let me ask why are you going stroker? What do you plan on doing with the car. AutoX? Cause a 500hp autoX car is stupid. If it were to me, a 500hp car is more a Drag/Road racing (big track) car. And I'd rather not go long stroke on a car ment for drag/road racing. I'd rather run a 2.0 with valve train and wind it to the moon. But thats just me.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I do plan to run e85 :lol: and i just read that i don't even need to stroke my block and all i need to do is get all forged internals

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:53 pm
Official Photographer

have you made 300hp to the wheels yet? if not make that first and move on

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

With that setup I say and e85 I give it a max of 420-450awhp if you're lucky and with a good tune. Other than that, have you ever felt a 120+ trap car? That right there is already in the ~450whp range and when my talon was there that shit was getting scary to gun on the street

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

If your planning on running E-85, this is not going to be a daily driver since there's only one station in the LA area that sells it. There's another station planned to open in Pomona this summer, but this still limits the amount you can travel. With E-85 700 to 800 to the wheels is possible (if you know what your doing).

A stock crank is fine. Just some forged rods and pistons should be fine. And some good head studs. If you want 550hp and room to grow your going to need a turbo that flows at least 65lbs or more.

At that power level a lot of other things come into play that you don't think of. You'll need an upgraded trans, t-case and axles at that level. Hooking up a 500hp car at the track isn't easy either. Just cause your motor can handle it doesn't mean your drive train can.

HX-40 on Ethanol

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 am
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]