[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - SS auto chrome FMIC?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
SS auto chrome FMIC? 
DSM Regular

Post SS auto chrome FMIC?
i have read different reviews on these IC kits, does anyone have first hand experience with them? and if not know someone who does?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: SS auto chrome FMIC?

There is the thread from when I put mine on my car.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:19 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

looks good thanks! but it has held up good for you and has good efficiancy?

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:53 am
No More 2.3L

It seems to be working good. I don't really know how I would measure it's efficiency. I am able to boost over 20lbs with it and not heat soak it. My 16G hits full boost at about 3400 RPM with it on there.

Overall I am happy with it. Just make sure you are ready to rig up some of the piping as it doesn't fit perfectly. I had to buy an 8" length of 2.5" coupler to connect the upper IC pipe to the throttle body elbow. Also all of the clamps that came with my kit were crap and I replaced them with heavy duty hose clamps from RRE.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

yeah, i liked the kit that i had on my car, it seemed to be real good and seemed like it cooled the air fairly well if not pretty damn good. however if you do go that route like Wes said, have some fab skills ready because i had to rig up piping of my own. took a minute but if you have a creative imagination and some fab skills, you'll have no problem with it. :wink:

-95 black GST, SOLD

biohazard032188 (1:50:22 PM): so if some honduhs come to the meet, and start a fight
biohazard032188 (1:50:26 PM): u can fuck 'em up
se0nz (1:50:32 PM): yes sir.. hehe
biohazard032188 (1:50:34 PM): cuz ur protecting the united states of dsm

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 am
Profile YIM

My car hit 121+ traps with the same core Wes has. That was on low boost. Now tell me if it's good or not.

http://www.DoubleTakes.org

Slowest car on the board

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Profile YIM

I have it on my car, and have had it for over 2 years now. I like it. It is super thick, so plan on coming up with a way to keep the car running cooler. I have the 2Gb talon front bumper, so that may have something to do with it, but the car runs a little hot with the A/C on.

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm
N00b

I have one on my 97 Spyder GST along with the Evo 3 16G. I was at RRE last night getting my car tuned. I hit 265HP at 17PSI. I don't know intake temps but so far I'm happy with the kit when comparing it to the more expensive FMICs.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]