[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - new build idea
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
new build idea 

Post new build idea
So I'm talking to my buddy about a new project 1g or 2g if I can afford a 2g awd

Running on propain
My friend erich is gonna be running his truck on propain. From what I hear its a pretty easy conversion and there are a lot of places in socal that will do it for you. with a lot of plus sides and the only down side I know of is driving with a bomb in the trunk.

Any thoughts on this?

Plus sides are.
Smog exsempt, avarages at 110 octain, no carbon deposits well no carbon at all, about the same price as gas right now.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Post Re: new build idea
Isn't propane only for diesel trucks?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

^^^Diesels use propane as "NOS"

I think Jason is talking about running the car with straight propane. I would think you run into the problem like with E85, you need a lot of fuel to make power.

The drag cars at Speedzone run on propane, chevy 350's.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Yea people do have propain injection kinda like meth/alc

But like jerry said running on just straigt propane (lp gas) like what busses/taxies are running on now.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:54 pm
Site Admin

buse's and taxi's and stuff run off natural gas CNG which is what I think that you are thinking about. Which is 130 octane, but not a easy transition.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Either way if he is considering trying to run CNG or Propane there is significant amount of items needed to do so..(3600psi tanks, check valves, different injectors, fuel lines,etc,etc)

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

People used to do it on old carburated engines, sometimes you see old trucks with a big tank in the bed. It looks like they have kits now for fuel injected cars and its hybrid too, you can switch back to gas instead of propane whenever you want.

http://www.poweredbypropane.net/
http://www.poweredbypropane.net/product ... its-3.html

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:55 pm

[quote="Synthetek"]People used to do it on old carburated engines, sometimes you see old trucks with a big tank in the bed. It looks like they have kits now for fuel injected cars and its hybrid too, you can switch back to gas instead of propane whenever you want.

http://www.poweredbypropane.net/
http://www.poweredbypropane.net/product ... its-3.html[/quote]

Thanks for this link justin great info. wierd that it wouldn't come up when I searched google

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:59 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

I just wanna know...Why would you even want a dsm running on propane...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Maybe if you threw a few scuba tanks in the trunk, inlined them all to your injectors and called it a day. If you buy a legit kit, you should be more worried about spraying nitrous than counting the seconds till your car explodes.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:00 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

well im to worried about the safty because all safty precautions will be taken. my car will be full caged with a cage built around the tank. my buddie builds trophy trucks and race cars for a living. all ill have too worie about are leaks. but anywho yea i was just trying too think outside the box and the fact that there is clean burining will make oil changes last along time and your engine will last alot longer sence there will be no carbon deposits on the cylender walls. and being smog exsempt is always a nice plus. dont have too run a cat. lots of plus sides.

but mostly i like too think outside the box and try new things.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next