[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion 
DSM Regular

Post Re: HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion
Well you do have to remove the fender for the engine bay harness, the harness that has the connectors for the headlights and what not. But for the main engine harness, you are correct it comes out of the firewall.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 pm
Squish Face

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Well the wiring harness was pretty easy to swap out, seems like that would be easier to do then to try to rewire connectors, but I'm more of a mechanical person then electrical. So in that sense switching harness' is easier.

Plus I've done it now 3 times which makes it even easier then easier which means its super easy, but next time I need some connectors rewired, or anything electrical ill be sure to ask for your help since its something you seem to be a professional wiring man.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

With so many master electricians and connector geniuses on this forum, I would think that this thread would have been answered in, what did you say it would take, oh yeah 5 mins.

So I take it you guys aren't that wonderful since the original question still hasn't been answered, but by all means, keep saying how easy everything is.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm
No More 2.3L

Your situation is easy and many of the people here have done it before and it is written up on vfaq and other sites.

Don't blame us for never having done the much more involved 4G64 to 4G63 swap. Hell I have only seen two 4G64s in my whole life.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Lol, no one is blaming you or anyone on the forum. I'm just saying that there are people in this thread stating how simple of a task it would be without ever doing it.
In my opinion, which I have previously stated, it would seem to be easier just to swap the engine harness. However, I've never attempted this in our situation, which is why the op is asking. I guess its something well have to figure out on our own, through the good ol' fasion "trial and error" way.

I didn't know that 4g64's were rare, almost makes me sad that he's gettin rid of it lol.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm
Squish Face

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

If you keep this to a dick measuring contest, this thread will be locked, people will be warned, and if I feel compelled, there will be banning. I gave you an answer, its not one you wanted to hear, too bad. I have personally pulled my entire harness out of my 95 TSi, and I remember it going through the firewall. My answer towards what harness to use was based upon what sensors and ECU he will be using. I think my answer was clear, the turbo ECU because he will be using larger injectors, and fuel/timing maps are different for and NA car and a Turbo car. You cant get away with boost, 28* of timing, and 13.7:1 AFR for long if at all. SO THERE IS YOUR ANSWER, YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TAKE IT UP WITH ME IN PM.

I hate it when people ask for free advice and cry when they don't like what they hear, you don't like it, keep it to yourself, no one is getting paid to do this.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm
DSM Regular

Lol, I guess I struck a nerve. Poor little fella its gonna be ok, and I don't remember whippin out my dick, but if you did, I'm sorry.

I wasn't gettin offended by your advice, or cryin about it, but I almost shed a tear over it. But seriously, the only thing I was bothered with was you guys saying, oh just switch some wires but not defining wich ones, the last community I was a part of gave information fully, not partial.

I can tell anyone, oh yeah you can be a millionaire you just have to make a million dollars, well that's kinda obvious isn't it.

Anyway, sorry to hurt your feelings, and please don't ban me, it would be kinda hipocritical, cause you were the first one to use profane words, so perhaps you should ban yourself.

User was banned for this post.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 pm
DSM Regular

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:08 pm
Talon of Doom

Green: Pin 1 is now 14
Green w/ yellow stripe: Pin 2, is now Pin 1
Green w/ red stripe: Pin 15, is now Pin 2
Yellow w/ black stripe: Pin 14 is now Pin 15

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1gcasin2g95-96M2.htm

Just don't want to hold peoples hand through the internet. The information is out there.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:11 pm
DSM Regular

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next