[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion 
DSM Regular

Post HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion
I know that there are sights that state how to convert your 4g64 spyder to a turbo but I am still not shure what damn wiring harness to use. recently i picked up a 96 gst and I am in the middle of a build and conversion but am not 100% possitive on what wiring harness to use for the engine bay and dash harness since i believe the dash harness may be different for a spyder since it has the switch for the top and the two extra window switches ETC.. and also i am going from auto to manual, so if anyone has any help or knows a link for specific directions please let me know it would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:01 am

Post Re: HELP!! 4g64 Spyder turbo conversion
i dont believe you need to swap the harness, at least to my knowledge. if you have not already, you should really read up on the 4g64 yahoo message board, i dont remember reading anything about swapping harness.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:17 am
DSM Regular

yea i have been reading some more and it seems that everyone has a different answer so i guess im just going to try and use the 64 harness and if it doesnt work than i will just do a 4g63t harness swap along with the motor.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 am
Talon of Doom

Are you swapping the full motor or just doing the 63 head?

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:12 pm
Talon of Doom

Stroker doesn't mean you can run more boost, Fuel system, and head studs determine if you can run more boost.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I think he means run more boost on the 4G63 bottom end instead of the 4G64 bottom end. Especially since doing the swap and building a 63 stroker will actually loose him .1 liters of displacement.

I would feel better about having an oil squirter equipped 4G63 bottom end if I were pushing the engine.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:58 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

stroker doesn't always mean more power. Plus the car is FWD, you cant really rock fast response. I say cheapest, and least disappointing way to go is to just build a 6bolt and drop it in and rock it. 20G or something that will make power past 4K or run a high/low boost setup, LSD and your done. My car makes 300 at the wheels and 1/2 gear is now non existant. I plan on making more, my honest goal is around 380, but I know at the point 3rd will become and issue too. Be realistic, don't dream of 500hp cars when you haven't built a 250hp car. As many cars as I've seen come through RRE with guys dreaming of 500hp+, but most get to about 350+ and they say they are done, budget wise, and satisfaction wise. And the guys making 500hp trailer their cars to the track once a month.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

As always, good observations Sam. I think if I was in 97spyderGs's position I would actually look into building a de-stroked 4G64. It would be kind of cool to have a 2.1 that can spin to a million RPMs. I think Magnus built some motors like this.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile YIM

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm
Talon of Doom

Drop in a low mileage or fresh 6bolt in and go. Done. 16G, 15lbs of boost, afc, evo9 injectors and pump. 250hp easy.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 pm
DSM Regular

why does everyone like to argue so much? the car was a turbo 2 rx7 to be exact it was 459hp, 387ft pounds of torque i have no idea what kind of dyno it was tuned on and was ran by james at krazzy rpm racing and ran high 11s on stock 16s with street tires in the quarter. And not that im bragging im just saying i think im kinda getting talked down to as if i was a small child who has never done any kind of performance stuff to a car. The thread was originaly based on wire harness questions anyway, im not sure how it got turned into my old car and 1/4 mile times which doesnt really matter because i dont have the car anymore anyways, but hay whatever floats your boat 8).

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 pm
Squish Face

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next