[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated 
helmet polisher

Post Re: Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated
yea it looks much better now, and you're welcome for the help haha

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:31 pm

oh yeah lol thanks for the 10minutes of sanding you helped with.

haha or like 15...

but yeah thanks to david and gus' help last night =]

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 am
Profile WWW

I started with 1000 grit wetsanding sandpaper from autozone, less than $5 for like 5 8x10" sheets at autozone.
got most of the oxidation out, then went back and bought some 1500 and 2000grit and redid the whole hood once again.

afterwards, got some polishing compound and a 10" random orbital buffer and buffed the hood, and gave it a light wax coat.

the hood still needs work, i plan to go over it again with the 2000 grit sandpaper because there are still some spots with very light oxidation still on there so i'll go over it all again once my fingers/hands/arms recover from these last couple of days of handsanding.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:56 am

i did the whole polishing buffing route to erix its a good temporary solution for now but id really consider doing the clearcoat when i buffed it they damn hood just went back to oxidation but looks good none the less

E-bay Cold Air Intake Pipe, AEM Filter, X-Tune 4-1 Headers, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Converter (Gutted), Greddy Evo 2 Catback Exhaust, CI Motorsports EGR Block Off Kit, AF/X Underdrive Pulley, Prothane Front Mount, NOS 75 Shot Single Stage Fogger System *Needs to be Installed*

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

here's a quick camera phone pic i was able to take not polished yet but none the less cleared coated :wink:

E-bay Cold Air Intake Pipe, AEM Filter, X-Tune 4-1 Headers, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Converter (Gutted), Greddy Evo 2 Catback Exhaust, CI Motorsports EGR Block Off Kit, AF/X Underdrive Pulley, Prothane Front Mount, NOS 75 Shot Single Stage Fogger System *Needs to be Installed*

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
BANNED 4 LIFE!

one method i used alot when i was doing the auto detail is. Go head & clear coated first. Let it drry about a good week. Then do the light wet sand & then do the buffing that will get u the best shine possile trust me. i did this since the age of 11 with my dad

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

yeah i'ma continue wetsanding it, hopefully i can find some 2500 grit or something, then use polishing compound with a random orbital polisher, and then get it clearcoated, i have a friend that's willing to do it for $60 so that'll be in the near future hopefully.

already looking forward to MOD =] :rolleyes:

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2