[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated 

Post Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated
like the subjectline says, i have a cf hood that is in the process of restoration, first trying to take off all the oxidation, then needa sand and reclear

anyone know of a place and the price they'll charge for painting a clearcoat on a hood?

i'm looking for a decent price here.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: Anyone know of a place where I can get a CF hood clearcoated

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:15 pm

my brother in law just did my hood tuesday since it had oxidation and looked like utter shit but now i can honestly say it looks waaaaaay better then when i first bought it

E-bay Cold Air Intake Pipe, AEM Filter, X-Tune 4-1 Headers, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Converter (Gutted), Greddy Evo 2 Catback Exhaust, CI Motorsports EGR Block Off Kit, AF/X Underdrive Pulley, Prothane Front Mount, NOS 75 Shot Single Stage Fogger System *Needs to be Installed*

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Official Photographer

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

we were both kicking ourselves for not taking a before because my hood was really really bad oxidation and left over wax residue and all that bad stuff but i can get a picture up after it rains so that way i can get a full sun shot but he wet sanded the hell out of them both *hood and hatch* and sprayed them with clear need to go back to have it polished but even without it looks emmaculate let me know if your interested erix last time i went to a shop they wanted 350 bucks with no cracks on the hood

E-bay Cold Air Intake Pipe, AEM Filter, X-Tune 4-1 Headers, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Converter (Gutted), Greddy Evo 2 Catback Exhaust, CI Motorsports EGR Block Off Kit, AF/X Underdrive Pulley, Prothane Front Mount, NOS 75 Shot Single Stage Fogger System *Needs to be Installed*

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official Photographer

could I check out the work he did to your hood in person sometime I need to get my hood redone but im just not sure let me know and what would he would charge

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:56 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

when i sold the hood to the guy u bought it from erix? i had recoated myself & it looked great. And i didn't bother doing the sanding...Its not that hard just sand with a sandpaper than will remove gloss thats it then leave it oil free. & spay away

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:37 pm

yea he just wet sanded till it took out the majority of oxidation but be careful not to burn through the gel coat and fuck your hood i don't know what kind of grit he used but he only used one type of paper didn't go finer and finer on the grit... and sure doug whenever you wanna roll by my house and check it out be my guest..i would show you at the meets but i dont have the time to make the meets i would love to but i just cant at the moment

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

so i went the wetsanding method, and so far that, plus polishing compound is doing the trick, it still needs work (and i'll eventually get a clearcoat on it) but for now it looks WAY better than it did when i got it. i'll post pics in a few minutes

here we go, pictures. i'm sure you can figure out the before and after pic.

ImageImage

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

Very Nice 8) ...Now just cover ur front bumber with newspaper & paint the black trim again. It makes it look a lil off.Its not alot of work

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:39 pm
Profile WWW

i would, but i dont wanna JUST paint the front trim, i'd have to do all the trim on the car, just so they all match. but for right now it's ok.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:45 pm
BANNED 4 LIFE!

yea it looks good man....

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

looks good! major props

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next