[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New Turbo Setup
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
New Turbo Setup 
DSM Regular

Last edited by bgsx90 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 am

Last edited by BoostFrenzy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:16 am
Profile WWW

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 am
DSM Regular

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:57 am

Post Re: New Turbo Setup
Well it's been a while, but I have news. The car runs perfect right now. I drive it to work everyday now. The turbo, spools faster then I thought it would. I get positive manifold pressure almost instantly in any gear. The only problem I am currently having, is that my external isn't opening up and controlling boost. I have unscrewed it as far as it would go and it still wants to shoot up to 30+PSI (Yes....I just said 30+PSI....:wtf:). So for now I just control it with the good ol' trusty right foot :wink:. Lets see, other then that I just need to get my wideband setup with link and she's good for seeing how far this turbo will go. Expect to see me at a meet sometime in the near future when I am not working. And MOD, I'm making MOD this year for sure. I'll keep you lads updated.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Funny, just today I was wondering where you went off to. You know, you can still show up to meets w/o your car. :D Glad to hear its running well!

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:08 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Clint. I just got tired of having to get rides from people. I'll get out to a meet as soon as I have work off and that giant heap of spare crap (parts, coolant, oil, almost all of my tools and a jump start box...I like to be prepared for a first trip :lol:) out of the back of my car.

And I was actually thinking of you Clint after I saw that you were looking at some turbos to replace the 16g you have. This turbo would suite you well. Think 50-Trim on some SERIOUS roids. Just don't know how you'd fair with surge. I don't get any at all but I'm a bone stock block 2.0

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:21 am
Profile WWW

Oh yeah, and here is an idle Vid:

As you can tell, the turbo is spin happy because if you listen carefully, you can hear it spinning in the exhaust system.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Slightly Larger Mini Update!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 am

Valve Stem Seals = FTMFL.....No more DD for this car now. When she gets warm, she smokes at idle and from taking off. Taking it to RRE sometime next week (after setting up an appointment with Sam of course) to get them swapped out since I realized I have none of the tools to do so. Plus I won't be charged shipping on parts since they stock them.

Will update later.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:59 am
Profile WWW

Bringing this one back to the top!

Found out why it wouldn't control boost. The fitting that I had used for the SS lines was actually putting enough pressure on the diaphragm to keep it from moving no matter what was done. So I swapped back in the standard Tial fitting as a temp until I can shorten down the depth that goes into the Tial.

After fixing it, went out with BBR and got some tuning done. Currently running at about 19PSI and flowing 35lbs/min @ 7k RPMS. Mind you, this is on a BONE STOCK engine. Nothing internal has been touched besides stem seals and some springs and retainers.

What's next? I was planning on going E85 with it but all the boost I could run with it, it got me thinking. Since my peak airflow is at 7k RPMS (shift point for now), it's telling me that even on stock cams (not meant for top end) that this turbo has more in it RPM wise. If I go higher PSI, to be safe I would have to do headstuds and a new HG. Plus, I believe the station by my house is going to be switching to E70 for the winter.

So this is my thinking: I should hold off on the switch to E85 until next spring/summer time when hopefully there are more stations in my area. And for the time being, get a set of cams in the car to up the HP numbers to satisfy my hunger for power. That, and I want some AWESOME idle lope :rock: haha.

So I open the floor to you guys to see what you think of my idea. And if you have any suggestions on what I should do or even what cams I should go with, go right ahead.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3