[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - I got some fun stuff and e85 discussion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
I got some fun stuff and e85 discussion 
DSM Regular

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Post Re: I got some fun stuff and e85 discussion
So it has been over a year since I started this thread but I am heading off to the machine shop tomorrow to get the rotating assembly balanced and installed.

Also here is a picture of what I hear is the most reliable way to do a balance shaft elimination. Instead of using a stubby shaft out of the oil pump you machine down the stock shaft so it will still be supported in the middle bearing.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

Bring it Wesley

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey Wes, is that the AMS shaft?

I say good luck to you on your trip to the machine shop!

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

That is the balance shaft that came out of the motor. I had Teddy from Mavrick Motor sports turn it down.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm
Profile YIM

Shit, didn't read your full post haha. It just looks EXACTLY like AMS's setup for one. As long as it is balanced, I see no problems. How much was it to get it turned down like that? And what bearing do you plan on using for it?

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

It was $125 to get it turned down. And the bearing surface wasn't touched so I am using the stock mitsu bearing that I picked up from RRE yesterday.

-Mike W

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

The block and head are now at Millenium and in about a week I should have them back and be ready to assemble. Here is the run down of what is going on.

Block
6-bolt block
Eagle Crank
Manly Rods
Wiseco .020 over stroker pistons 8.8:1
Machined down rear balance shaft and front shaft eliminated
Kigly racing main girdle
ARP main studs.

Head
1mm oversized stainless steel valves
new guides and seals
new lifters
FP4 Cams
Millenium street port and polish.

I still need an oil pan, a head gasket, and timing components. Has anyone used the MAPerformance oil pan? for $109 it seems like a good deal for a new pan. Sam does RRE have one of those Moroso pans in stock that they just want to get rid of? Also what head gasket do you guys think I should run?

-Mike W

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

I'm running the MLS 4 layer head gasket.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Mitsu mls is always a great choice. Wes have you considered o-ringing your block? I have mine ringed with SS & running a Hussey copper head gasket.

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:31 pm
DSM Regular

HX-40 on Ethanol

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

Mitsuibishi MLS headgasket.

I also got a new OEM oil pan online for 80 bucks. If you still need my old one for any reason lmk. I ran ALL timing components from Norco Mitsubishi. I would recomend doing the same

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 pm
No More 2.3L

-Mike W

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:32 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next