View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
2g door handle 
DSM Regular

Post 2g door handle
This is gonna sound pretty ridiculous. But I really need some help fixing my door handle. I have the handle and put it on but I can't figure out how to get the handle to work properly. If someone wants to come over and do it for me I'll pay you. Thanks guys

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: 2g door handle
I wish I had taken some pictures of it but one time I used the e-bay door handle it wouldn't work once I installed it. The new handle simply wasn't moving the linkage far enough. I ended up ghetto rigging it by putting a zip tie through the slot in the door handle that the linkage from the door slid in so that the handle would push it further.

Sorry for the rough description.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:13 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

I'm just really having trouble like you said reaching the linkage. The only way I can get it to engage is when the door handle isn't on which makes it impossible to maneuver the door handle on. The link has almost no play

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:09 am
DSM Regular

Did you fix this? My passenger side door handle works if it's unlocked, but the lock assembly isn't installed right. So no way to unlock/ open from the outside of that door if it's locked.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]