[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Finaly Found Time to Tear my Engine Apart.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Finaly Found Time to Tear my Engine Apart. 
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Finaly Found Time to Tear my Engine Apart.
The worlds slowest engine rebuild is still in progress. Here is a little Thanksgiving update. I have a fresh short block on the engine stand and my head has been freshened up with a bunch of new valves and guides. I have a new front case on the way since I found a crack on my old one. Here are some pics of what has been sitting around my garage.

And the back of my car is pretty much just a misc parts storage area.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 am
Profile YIM

Keep up the progress Mr. Wes!

10.67@126mph

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:15 am
Profile YIM
frank the tank

Who built the motor?

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:23 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

Wholesale Auto Machine down here in San Diego. They came highly recommended by Kris.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:01 pm
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

I spent a little bit of time working on the engine last night. I got out my JB Weld and put the balance shaft delete plug in my new front case and then put it on the engine and I put the head on last night. Also my cams came in last week so I will be installing them and setting timing soon. Also I need to really clean out my oil pan and then mount it up so I can prime the engine with a power drill prior to putting the timing belt on.

-Mike W

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:15 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

It has been a while since I updated in here. My car is officially together and running. Unfortunatly I had to head back to Guam before I got to break it in or tune it. At least I have it all together in one piece so if my wife has to pack up our house while I am gone she will be able to do something with it.

Here are some recent pictures of it.
Freshly built HX-35 center section to replace the one that was on the car when the last engine died.

Here is the engine bay all back together with the exception of the JMF heatshield over the exhaust manifold.

And here is the car back in the garage after it's first wash in about two years.

I still need to adjust the hood so that it lines up with the fenders better, do a boost leak test, put some mile on the engine, adjust the tune for the lower displacement and new cams, and eventually install an IAT sensor so that I can go speed density and loose the MAF.

It does suck that I got it running and was only able to put about three miles on it before hopping on a plane back to Guam. At least it is ready for some good times when I get back to California.

-Mike W

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 am
Profile YIM

Very nice. Looks real good.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks for the update Wes

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:29 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2